Trip Report - Bali - Scuba Seraya - Nov 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were there the end of September and we had awesome weather and diving!

-

Great report and great photos!!! We also loved Scuba Seraya and will be back one day!!! Your flickr photos are stunning!!!!

Great report as always Al ..btw Tulamben has a decent mart with lots of provisions next to Wayan's resto down the road from SS. I still remember the amazing babi guling we preordered..!! Still cant believe your in Sing but not hopped to Bali..next you'll be hanging with the Molas..:wink:

Thanks Gee!
Ye I'm kicking myself for not going diving in Bali sooner!! And we will be back soon.
In all honesty we didn't even go into Tulamben itself. But Babi guling is definitely tempting enough to get me off my lazy ass. :wink: so thanks for the tip.

I am definitely keen to get over to Nusa Lembongan and dive with the Mola2 and mantas. Next time!

As just a vacationer from the U.S., I can also say that diving Nusa Penida area is amazing, as is Gili Biaha and Tepekong. There is lots to see! Can's wait to get back, one day. Personally, for my "senior" constitution as well, I would, next time, spend a couple nights in different areas close to the dive sights, as the multi-hour drives from the southern/central resorts to the sites is even more fatiguing than a couple of moves, for me. Say, 3-4 nites padang pai, for a couple days of 3 tank fast boats to Nusa Penida and also a couple days diving on the Jetty, Biaha and Tepekong, then 2-3 nites near Tulamben. Always heard NW Bali is great but we did not make it there, but that is another overnite stay instead of the interminable drive from the southerly/central resorts.

Guy I'm sorry you had to endure the "interminable" driving around Bali!
Whoever booked your trip clearly didn't quite know what they were getting you in to.
But now you know for next time! And with Indonesia there is always a next time! Indo is amazing!

Personally I try and spend as much time in one place as possible. Minimise travel time and maximise chill-lax time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom