Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clear Springs
I did two dives yesterday. Vis was bad, maybe 10', and totally dark about 35'. Temp 88 surface, 72 below the thermogenesis. Interestingly with the warm weather the thermocline has moved down from 30' to 35' in the last week. And probably another one about 45', but I didn't stay long enough to get the temp!

Clear Springs
I did two dives yesterday. Vis was bad, maybe 10', and totally dark about 35'. Temp 88 surface, 72 below the thermogenesis. Interestingly with the warm weather the thermocline has moved down from 30' to 35' in the last week. And probably another one about 45', but I didn't stay long enough to get the temp!
Athens Scuba Park 8/30/14 - water a bit cooler, surface 82°, at 20' 80°. Vis was low, maybe 10' max. I didn't even see big items like the dark bus until I was close enough to touch it. You'd see a dark shadow about 15' away, and could see it at less than 10'.

With the lake so low (looks to be a out 10' down), the deepest spot in the whole Lake was about 22' near the plane on the south end. The people were very helpful. And they were cooking hot dogs free for Labor Day.

I knocked out an October dive at 288 Lake on Sunday. The water was a comfy 81 degrees. And the viz? Well, let's just say it was good training for the Cooper River.

Oct 4, 2014: Blue Lagoon (Lagoon #1) in Huntsville, TX. 20' viz, 79* temp

Can anyone give me a report on Wheeler Branch? Whats the temps above and below the thermocline? How about VIS? I want to do some deep specialty dives. I have never been there before. Exactly where is the best place to enter? Any training platforms?

Thnks!

I was diving Lake Travis on 10-8-14, the vis was only maybe 3 to 4ft when a white bass came right by my face, the another and then over a hundred. They swam around me for 10 to 15 minutes before they disappeared in the dark muck.

[video=youtube_share;oxRP-iink7U]http://youtu.be/oxRP-iink7U[/video]

(make sure to change the video to 720p or 1080p)

Last edited:
Anyone been to Mammoth Lake recently? We've not been there yet, but thinking of going this weekend- hoping the vis is decent since we've been rain-free for a couple weeks now.

10/19/14 - Stillhouse Hollow
Max depth - 41 ft.
Temp. - 74
Time - 45 min
Visibility Range - 2 to 6 ft.

I've dived Stillhouse for several years and decided this time to shoot an azimuth in a totally different direction, basically com in front of the pavilion to the dam (180 deg.). After approx. a 20 minute swim, I came across the old asphalt road that ran through the valley before being flooded. This may not sound like much, but it's always fun finding something you did not expect.

12/08/2014

Canyon Lake, Boat Ramp No. 1
Water temp 57 degrees at 50ffw.
Visibility: 5-8ft.

Has anyone checked conditions at Clear Springs Scuba Park this month?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom