Petrel vs. ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally don't like short push / long push on XDeep and I also didn't like all the promises (so many incorrect release dates, VPM update for free in Spring 2014, etc.), so I bought Petrel - what else? :)

Victor please note that xdeep computers had a three algorithms from first release of Eanx and TriMix, only recently xdeep put vpmb on hold since one of the original creators of this model is doing a important adjustments on it and it will be put right back to use. Surely you won't have the privilege of applying immediate upgrades of anything with your petrel and any other dive computer.

Victor please note that xdeep computers had a three algorithms from first release of Eanx and TriMix, only recently xdeep put vpmb on hold since one of the original creators of this model is doing a important adjustments on it and it will be put right back to use. Surely you won't have the privilege of applying immediate upgrades of anything with your petrel and any other dive computer.

I guess you don't own a Petrel, because they upgrade it all the time through free firmware updates. Recent examples are the compass and OC/Rec modes. And they offer an upgrade to VPM-B for extra $.

I do have them, I have two with my JJ rebreather and don't get me wrong, these are great for my rebreather but way too bulky for stand alone computer and I have a bigger arm. Why me and not only me based on demand like about xdeep BLACK is that has the same read-ability plus more features and it's half the size not mentioning the price :)

I do have them, I have two with my JJ rebreather and don't get me wrong, these are great for my rebreather but way too bulky for stand alone computer and I have a bigger arm. Why me and not only me based on demand like about xdeep BLACK is that has the same read-ability plus more features and it's half the size not mentioning the price :)

It also seems to be supported by a less than competent company. Time will tell whether xDeep gets its act together and produces a decent mid-range tech computer, but for now...unimpressive.

And anyone who dives a CCR--with all the crap that entails--and then complains about the "bulk" of the computer/controller sitting on their arms is selling something.

Ah, looking at the links in your signature, it appears you sell the XDeep and not the Petrel....... Busted.

...xdeep BLACK is that has the same read-ability plus more features and it's half the size not mentioning the price :)
Less Expensive?

Petrel2 $829.00 USD
Trimix XDeep $829.00 USD

...Surely you won't have the privilege of applying immediate upgrades of anything with your petrel and any other dive computer.

https://www.shearwaterresearch.com/downloads/

https://www.shearwaterresearch.com/products/petrel-2/

VPM-B available now.

My last post in this thread was 11/20 and was referencing the Petrel2's pre-release announcement. I don't know why you're trying to drag me back into an XDeep Black conversation. I'm done with XDeep as a whole.

---------- Post added December 11th, 2014 at 02:16 PM ----------

Less Expensive?

Petrel2 $829.00 USD
Trimix XDeep $829.00 USD

Yeah, but you didn't mention how Shearwater has kept all of their promises, released on time, has great support and is proven. Or the Rec mode on the Petrel. Or the CC mode. Or the fact that it doesn't rely on proprietary adapters to charge or download info to/from. All of those are clearly wins for XDeep. Plus, y'know, XDeep black is a "mid-range" computer not meant to compete against the "high-end" Petrel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom