I'm literally a moving ScubaPro billboard (sponsor me)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we should lighten up on the OP. Since he is new here and to diving I'm pretending that this is a "flame-free" zone (I know its not).

ScubaDoo83 - keep on diving and taking courses. Take advanced OW and scuba rescue diver at the very least. Try to find some local divers that are willing to help you with different kicks (e.g., frog-kick, back-kick, helicopter turns, etc.) and trim (i.e., hoizontal position in the water). A good source for videos of these kicks and turns is YouTube. Try searching youtube using key words like "Frog kick" and "GUE".

I don't think anyone is being hard on the OP. I think everyone assumed the post was meant in fun, and that is how I understood the responses as well. I think the closest to a serious response was mine.

diver 85, are you attempting to look at this at the office? It is very possible Google mail/drive is blocked by your IT dept and that is what that message looks like.

Thanks Scubadoo--that's exactly what it it........Here @ the house, it works.....Crazy thing about it is I own 'the office' & paid for that 'mess' to happen......lol, think I need to have a talk with my IT guy & get him to reset my personal desktop.....

Have you looked into getting a personal hotspot? You can bundle them relatively cheap with your mobile bill and it would keep you from putting your IT dept in the awkward position of either weakening security for the boss or the even more awkward position of telling the boss 'no way' lol. Also, you would be able to have wi-fi 'anywhere', yes even on the boat before a dive :)

I'm sure it's like golf. If your out there doing it a lot and in front of a lot of people, the suppliers will gladly throw some branded gear at you. If your just a recreational weekend diver who dives with the same group every week, then you might get a cap, bottle opener or a pen!
Keep diving, keep getting better and then one day you too could be making the big bucks (tongue in cheek) on YouTube or the likes. That's how Tiger started. :wink:
It is a great idea by the OP btw!

Now I own almost nothing made by them. Ironically in light of the original post, I only have a 15-year old mask that they probably don't even make any more.
Since this thread was resurrected and was in fun from its inception, I thought I would waste a few minutes with an update.

My ScubaPro frameless mask mentioned above finally reached the end of its natural life two years ago, after I had worn it (counting pool sessions) at least 2,000 times. I started having trouble with it leaking while diving in Peleliu (in Palau). I finally realized that the seal between the skirt and the glass was shot--I could take the glass out completely if I wished. I tossed it in the trash and went with my backup.

I had another mask given to me outright by a manufacturer a few years ago. Because I was no longer working in a ScubaPro shop, I naturally wore it for my next pool session. I thought it was fantastic the first day. On the second day I accidentally sat on it and broke it.

Last weekend the ScubaPro regulator bag I had been using for a variety of reasons for 16 years finally fell apart. I am now void of all ScubaPro gear.

Reactions: OTF
Since this thread was resurrected and was in fun from its inception, I thought I would waste a few minutes with an update.

My ScubaPro frameless mask mentioned above finally reached the end of its natural life two years ago, after I had worn it (counting pool sessions) at least 2,000 times. I started having trouble with it leaking while diving in Peleliu (in Palau). I finally realized that the seal between the skirt and the glass was shot--I could take the glass out completely if I wished. I tossed it in the trash and went with my backup.

I had another mask given to me outright by a manufacturer a few years ago. Because I was no longer working in a ScubaPro shop, I naturally wore it for my next pool session. I thought it was fantastic the first day. On the second day I accidentally sat on it and broke it.

Last weekend the ScubaPro regulator bag I had been using for a variety of reasons for 16 years finally fell apart. I am now void of all ScubaPro gear.
What is your preferred brand now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom