New to Board; Attleboro Massachusetts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey JewelryJeff - not sure about the numbers, but I recently moved to RI. Been out a couple of times at Kings Beach & Fort Wetherill. I'm still learning the areas in RI. As for Mass there is a meetup group East Coast Divers that are diving every weekend. They meet up in Beverly and that area. A little too far for an 8 am meet up for me. Sounds like you're out on the Cape. That might be a bit more doable for me. Check out AfterDark's posts about RI.

under water some where

Welcome aboard Jeff! Always good to see new divers in New England. I dive mostly RI. I did dive Manomet for a few years and Rockport. The driving time really takes the edge off the appeal of those North shore locations. I not 30ish anymore 40 or 50ish for that matter! However if you find yourself in need of a dive buddy to dive RI PM me, be glad to dive with you. If you're diving the Bourne Bridge, RI will be a piece of cake for you.

By the way anybody do any diving in RI lately? Been dry 2 weeks in row now :( Judging by the nights it'll soon be dry suit diving time. Wonder what temps divers are seeing?

Well don't know about RI, but So Cal Chanel Islands were 70's this weekend! Now I'm spoiled out here. Coming back I'll have to break out the thick undergarments.

under water some where

Hi Jeff,

I am an instructor at Diveonit Scuba Supply. We are about 15 minutes from attleboro down 295. We would love to have you stop by the shop and get to know everyone. We have shore dives often and a shop night dive at least once a month

Welcome to ScubaBoard and the amazing 70% of The Water Planet that relatively few get to experience first hand.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and the amazing 70% of The Water Planet that relatively few get to experience first hand.

We were just talking about that on our dive trip to Santa Barbara Island. We are so blessed to be the few people who witness first hand the beauty of the ocean.

under water some where

Hey JewelryJeff,

You mean your diving on the Cape after going over the Bourne bridge? Your not diving in the canal under the bridge right? I don't think the Army Corp of engineers or Coastguard would take kindly to that since its illegal to dive in the canal. But at the east end just to either side of the jetties at that end you can but you have to plan the tides well. From Scusset beach or on the other side at sandwich town beach a few shops actually have a yearly cookout dive there. http://www.scuba-newengland.com/DiveSiteDetail.asp?DiveSiteID=68&StateID=MA

Was going to say the same thing....man would I LOVE to drift dive the canal (not at peak velocity) put before ebb...anyway Augk is right east end only......Some have been known to sneak around the tips of the jetties into the canal and along the inside of scussett jetty...They say that they only do that 2 hrs before low tide at the east end

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom