best local tequila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mayakoba flavoured tequila

Maracuya, maybe?

USDA organic certifications, I guess it must mean something?

As far as I can tell, no, it doesn't.

Since "best" has a number of different meanings including popularity, there's always Tonayán... It's tequila-ish and unavailable in the US, as far as I know. Thank goodness.

52423f0ec0555.jpg

my fav is clase azul reposado: ~ $97 / bottle; pure silk- first had it at rick baylis's restaurant in chicago : topolabampo; also, jose cuervo reserva la familia is another very special libation; don julio 1942 anejo ; all a bit pricey and def not for guzzling - but for the astute palate- all will def satisfy/ also try the lagnum mescal reposado-excellent: arriba/abajo/ y el centro: abrir la boca!

When I was there in July there was a new tequilaria that had opened across the street from the Aldora Dive shop. I bought a bottle of incredible tequila called La Alma de Mujere, the Soul of a Woman. It was not cheap, but it was delicious. So much so, that the bottle didn't make the trip back to the states. We killed it at the Villa with a small group. I'll be back in a couple of weeks, and plan to find another bottle.

Last edited:
We couldn't find this in Coz, but several years ago this bottle was the highlight of our trip to Akumal. We brought the empty bottle back:D

S1120-2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom