Scuba tank for air gun blow tool / tire inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yellowdog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have restaurant equipment and one of the best ways of prolonging the refrigeration life is to keep the coils clean. I would to attach an air gun blow tool to my tank to use in routine maintenance in the restaurant. 5X786_AS01[1].jpgI think that I need a first stage regulator with the low pressure hose connected and then I can attach a blow tool to the LPH. Also I think I would be able to attach a tire inflator to the LPH. Maybe something like this Tire_pump_with_inflator_nipple_for_divers.jpg. I don't want to use my first stage dive regulator inside, in a commercial environment, so I was thinking about buying a cheap one on ebay to use for my tools. Will this work or am I missing something. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Works just fine. I have an old first stage that is dedicated to such things as you describe.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A cheap one on eBay or a $49 diverite argon first stage from Dris.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Works just fine. I have an old first stage that is dedicated to such things as you describe.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Likewise, sometimes I carry an S50 with me in my 4x4 to inflate the tyres after driving in the desert.

The airgun is great for drying off my camera housing too

A cheap one on eBay or a $49 diverite argon first stage from Dris.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use a Conshelf 1st stage and I backed off the intermediate pressure to conserve air. You don't need 145 psi to do what you ate doing. Most of the times 90-100 psi gets the job done.

I am assuming you do not have a second stage regulator attached and have a dedicated set up just for using compressed air. From a safety standpoint it is important that you attach a pressure relief valve in your first stage to prevent a hose or blowgun from exploding if you should have a first stage leak. I pick them up from time to time on the web for 10-15 bucks. I have seen a number of folks using set ups for inflating tires and airguns without that. It can be dangerous wothout a pressure relieve valve.

I use a Conshelf 1st stage and I backed off the intermediate pressure to conserve air. You don't need 145 psi to do what you ate doing. Most of the times 90-100 psi gets the job done.

I am assuming you do not have a second stage regulator attached and have a dedicated set up just for using compressed air. From a safety standpoint it is important that you attach a pressure relief valve in your first stage to prevent a hose or blowgun from exploding if you should have a first stage leak. I pick them up from time to time on the web for 10-15 bucks. I have seen a number of folks using set ups for inflating tires and airguns without that. It can be dangerous wothout a pressure relieve valve.

So use an actual 2nd stage dive regulator as a relieve valve?

XS-Scuba-Over-Pressure-Valve

I picked one up to use on a Nemrod upstream second I was using old school, just the first and second. Had a hose blow on the same configuration, no relief, back in the day and adventure ensued.

Bob
----------------------------------
“I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.”
― Winston Churchill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom