Hand-Free Light Holder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marc.collin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi

any good Hand-Free Light Holder to advise?

some seem to use only velcro and some other a kind of bolt... this last system seem more robust but don't see it for every system

thanks

What diameter is your light? That might dictate your options.
A 1.4-1.5in diameter or 3.6-3.8cm can allow you to use an Oxycheq Raider III/IV light sock.

With a metal Goodman Handle you may be able to jury rig one with a screw locking metal band or zip ties.

Something that goes on the back of the hand, like a Goodman handle already suggested, or this is ideal:

Best Divers Neoprene Hand Torch Holder by Best Divers - DiveLife

Sorry for the UK retailer link, but you should be able to find something similar in your part of the world. It isn't truly 'hands-free', but it does leave your fingers free. I'd avoid head torches as they have the tendency to p*ss your buddy off when you turn to look at them.

Depends on what you're using your light for; what environment, how long/deep the dive etc.....That'll dictate what type of holder you may want.......

hi

any good Hand-Free Light Holder to advise?

some seem to use only velcro and some other a kind of bolt... this last system seem more robust but don't see it for every system

thanks

680-dive-light-wrist-holder-on-arm.jpg

680 Lumen Dive Light | MAKO Spearguns

and make sure you think outside the box...

many divers use their camera focus lights and/or their strobe focus lights and/or their video lights as night dive lights. These lights are normally already mounted on their camera rigs.

There's this:
BCD Light Mount

Z Gear BCD Light mount is perfect for low light and night dives. This Mount allows hands free illumination, perfect for lobster hunting! Pair it with with the Z Gear BCD GoPro Mount and capture your night dives HANDS FREE! Fits lights up to 1 3/4" in diameter.

$57.99

https://www.zgearinc.com/store/p5/BCD_ Light_Mount.html

Something that goes on the back of the hand, like a Goodman handle already suggested, or this is ideal:

Best Divers Neoprene Hand Torch Holder by Best Divers - DiveLife

Sorry for the UK retailer link, but you should be able to find something similar in your part of the world. It isn't truly 'hands-free', but it does leave your fingers free. I'd avoid head torches as they have the tendency to p*ss your buddy off when you turn to look at them.

I have a similar neoprene light holder, but my light is the "twist the head to activate" type, a DGX 600, without a push button. It's a two-handed operation to turn it on, one hand holds the body, the other twists the head to turn it on. It's virtually impossible to use the neoprene holder because I can't grab the light to twist it on, it simply rotates in the sleeve no matter how hard I tighten it down. Does anyone use such a neoprene holder with this type of light?

The neoprene ones are more comfortable - unless you're wearing gloves.

Back
Top Bottom