Hell to Catch - please tell me you've seen this show!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh boy, I just can't stop watching this thing, it's like a train wreck.

I caught about 5 minutes of an episode yesterday. The diver was having a major catastrophic, highly dangerous, super dramatic, dangerous incident...

... his tank strap came loose! :rofl3:

I actually only saw it up to the commercial break where they broke away as they showed a close up of his tank moving around loose on his back, and didn't see how he managed to escape this death defying incident, I wish now that I had went back to it, I might have learned something that might save my life someday.

Wow! They survived? I can only imagine what may happen if their fin strap came off...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For all thats holy...could they please tie up those dangling octos? [emoji33]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just watched this. I know I am new to diving, but my gosh they make this stuff so dramatic. It's just spear fishing, every dive a shark will not be there to attempt to recreate one of the JAWS movies. Yes, I'm sure it is more likely to attract sharks since their is blood in the water, but the sharks aren't trying to eat you. It's just another show portraying sharks as being vicious animals.

Oh boy, I just can't stop watching this thing, it's like a train wreck.

I caught about 5 minutes of an episode yesterday. The diver was having a major catastrophic, highly dangerous, super dramatic, dangerous incident...

... his tank strap came loose! :rofl3:

I actually only saw it up to the commercial break where they broke away as they showed a close up of his tank moving around loose on his back, and didn't see how he managed to escape this death defying incident, I wish now that I had went back to it, I might have learned something that might save my life someday.

I saw this segment while channel surfing. Comms bad on the FFM, murky footage and lots of yelling "GOT ONE!" but you rarely see anything. You should see the segment when the Captain and engine repair guy get into a pushing and shoving match. Right up there with afternoon soap operas, totally hyped for the camera.

Saw part of this show yesterday. Fred and I were cracking up. "I've lost my diver!" "I can't see her bubbles!" Don't these guys carry SMBs? Or any alerting device? What we also can't figure out is how they make any money. I'd love to see the spreadsheet for the operation.

Another worthless reality show. The part of one episode I saw was a mate refused to retrieve the anchor and the captain had to go do it and the mate continued to "run his mouth" at the captain, blah, blah, blah

Over dramatic bull sh*t!:fail:

Yes, If that mate had mouthed off during the days I was commercial fishing I'd have thrown the sucker overboard and let him swim home. How would a kid with and attitude become first mate anyway? Ans: In real life he wouldn't have. I watched a few of the shows and wonder what no diving landlubber dummy thinks up and produces these shows.

Episode 1. A very experienced diver is down for maybe 30min at 70ft and the Captain thinks she has decompression sickness. 5 min. later a different boat moors at a buoy next to a wreck and the diver goes down talking about how cool it is to dive these wrecks that no one else has ever seen before. A virgin wreck with a mooring buoy?

It's all faked "drama" for the camera.

I'm not surprised. When I tried to market my TV show about marine life in the kelp forests ("Munching & Mating in the Macrocystis") I was told it was "too educational." TV has become a vast wasteland for the most part. I did away with it about 6 years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom