Tank/Cylinder designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottwilson1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried customizing there tanks (appearance wise) ?

found this website http://www.scubacool.co.uk/

anyone tried them before ? looks pretty cool to me some funny ones in there

The problem with them is they will need to be removed when tested, as they have to check for damage to the finish and any corrosion.

I think that they were called "Tank Skins" 20 years ago. You stuck them on the outside of the cylinder and when it went for hydro they would peel it off and throw it away. They do protect the paint. You could get one to make your cylinder look like a Molson Golden or Moosehead can....

They look ok. But I want to get my sidemount tanks looking like actual warp nacelle's so I can go faster under water. :D:cool2:

---------- Post added November 11th, 2014 at 06:01 PM ----------

These appear to be a skin that you can reuse if you buy extra plastic sleeves to heat shrink when it's vis time.

I think that they were called "Tank Skins" 20 years ago. You stuck them on the outside of the cylinder and when it went for hydro they would peel it off and throw it away. They do protect the paint. You could get one to make your cylinder look like a Molson Golden or Moosehead can....

LOL - I'm one of the few Canadians that don't drink - was thinking the red bull cans.... or the Canadian flag. but only if i can remove when testing time happens.

Thanks for the input guys

How 'bout a 'Radioactive' symbol sticker ???!!!....Or 'Biologic Contaminate' sticker ??!!!.....I use that one so people leave my stage/deco tanks alone !!!!....

These and hose protectors are devices of the devil and you will die.

I have done my tanks up with masking tape and rattle cans. Looks pretty cool and stands out when im looking for them at the shop after a fill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom