Maldives Aggressor- VERY BAD EXPERIENCE- If you have a scheduled trip read this!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sad, sad, sad. All these stories seem to confirm that the Aggressor company has little control over their representatives around the world. I find it hard to believe that they would expect to provide the service that is happening and continue in business. I have to think their operator on the ground is where it's failing. Obviously, it's fallen to the point where anyone can get such a franchise or that they have such a hard time getting someone to take one, that they'll take anyone. Something in that whole process is resulting in what we are getting. I'm not suggesting absolving Aggressor of this responsibility because it's 100% theirs, but the evidence indicates the boat operator themselves can do whatever they please with little reprecussions. The boats are doing this, but from customer point of view, Aggressor reputation is being ridden right into the ground. It would be quite interesting to understand the financial facts behind all of this. Is it really that difficult to profitably run these boats? Is the profit margin razor thin on this?

I really do hope you get your cash back from Aggressor without too much of a fight. Keep us posted. That still won't begin to make up for the other extensive costs for the trip, as I know airfare can rival the costs of the cruise. I hope you found some good diving once you left them behind. They should be held to account for this. Scuba-board is a huge resource and community, and an effort should be made to aggregate these issues and publish them. They'll feel the pain pretty quickly. FWIW, I had a good experience with the "Kona Aggressor" but that's a totally different operator and they've subsequently folding in other fleets and probably destroyed their brand.

I really do hope you get your cash back from Aggressor without too much of a fight. Keep us posted. That still won't begin to make up for the other extensive costs for the trip, as I know airfare can rival the costs of the cruise. I hope you found some good diving once you left them behind. They should be held to account for this. Scuba-board is a huge resource and community, and an effort should be made to aggregate these issues and publish them. They'll feel the pain pretty quickly. FWIW, I had a good experience with the "Kona Aggressor" but that's a totally different operator and they've subsequently folding in other fleets and probably destroyed their brand.

Undercurrent does that very thing. Basically they compile trip reports and publish the compilation in something they call a "chapbook." More or less.

---------- Post added November 19th, 2014 at 03:16 PM ----------

Sad, sad, sad. All these stories seem to confirm that the Aggressor company has little control over their representatives around the world. I find it hard to believe that they would expect to provide the service that is happening and continue in business. I have to think their operator on the ground is where it's failing. Obviously, it's fallen to the point where anyone can get such a franchise or that they have such a hard time getting someone to take one, that they'll take anyone. Something in that whole process is resulting in what we are getting. I'm not suggesting absolving Aggressor of this responsibility because it's 100% theirs, but the evidence indicates the boat operator themselves can do whatever they please with little reprecussions. The boats are doing this, but from customer point of view, Aggressor reputation is being ridden right into the ground. It would be quite interesting to understand the financial facts behind all of this. Is it really that difficult to profitably run these boats? Is the profit margin razor thin on this?

I agree one problem is with (some of) the operators. The other and IMO larger problem is that agressor represents itself as a company with a fleet of boats. They set clear expectations for level of service on their fleet of boats. Only when you have a problem do you find out that they really do NOT have a fleet of boats. That's when they start up with "but we're just a booking agency like AAA." If customers knew ahead of time that "maldives agressor" really had nothing to do with "agressor fleet" then they might be inclined to investigate "maldives agressor" in more detail.

One post and then never heard from again. No pictures?

You are correct.

The poster who originated this thread apparently joined just to post this, and has never posted anything else since. This behavior is typically NOT a good sign, and any post by such a one time, instant new member needs to be viewed with a great deal of reservation.

Just because this is the first posting doesn't mean it isn't true. I haven't seen any rebuttals or anyone saying that they were on the boat recently and had a good experience. Also, detailed, lengthy specific information was given- it was not just a rant.

Sometimes a single post is a hit and run. Other times new posters may simply not understand there's something of an expectation they will come back and reply to comments or otherwise participate on the board, or that people may look upon single posts like that suspiciously.

I think all of the last three posts have made very important points.

1) Single posts may indeed indicate someone with ulterior motives beyond what they state.

2) Sometimes the motives are exactly what is stated and with good intentions.

3) Sometimes people don't understand the workings of an internet forum and how people use it.

:hm: all that indicates discretion must be used when reading this thread and resulting posts.. :hm: doesn't that apply to every single thread and post you read online?

:dropmouth:Not everyone is who they present themselves to be, as knowledgeable/experienced as they claim and they may have unclear or even twisted motives for posting what they do.

The old saying "Engage brain before opening mouth" should be expanded to say "Engage brain before processing information."

Back
Top Bottom