Drager oxy gauge sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

split one of those contact wires that go to your sensors, most likely moister corroded.

Let me say that this is my very first post on scubaboard, so please forgive any stupid errors in protocol.

Free advice:
PLEASE DO NOT DIVE THE DOLPHIN WITHOUT A PO2 GAUGE! I don't know you from Adam, but I'm sure someone loves you (even if you don't know who that is).

The Gauge:
I had the same failure on a rental unit. The owner sent the cell back to the factory and they gave him a replacement cell, end of problem. Another poster gave very good advice, if the cell is good, it should produce a small DC current. If you can, try that cell in another Drager oxy gauge, if you get the same failure, it would be a good bet that you have a bad cell. If it works with no problem in the other oxy gauge, it looks like a problem with your oxy gauge. You might also take a close look at the electrical contacts inside the cell holder, make sure they are free of rust, dirt etc.

PS - I dive a dolphin with a Drager oxy gauge. Good dependable unit.

Be safe.

i sent an email to drager and they said i can dive the Dolphin with out the Oxygauge cos its optional , anyway i think this is not a good idea ,
i just made today a very nice dive with he dolphin with no Oxygauge, all i do is i listen to the machin feel it and try to be awake all the dive monitoring my PG and i am doing fine so far...

by the way the Oxygauge is new and just came back from drager check and the sensor is new as well just opned it like last week it did not even go to water yet and there is no corrosion any where every thing is clean and new .

i will do the test anyway u are asking me to but if it did not work i will send it again to Germany, anyway thanks guys for the help and i hope i can be helpful my self with some of yr questions.

Dive Bear:
Let me say that this is my very first post on scubaboard, so please forgive any stupid errors in protocol.

Welcome to the Scubaboard Dive Bear dont worry about the protocol and thanks for the advice.

deepblueh2o:
The original dolphin was setup by flow rate not gauge ppO2. Wazza, replace your battery on the gauge, should fix the problem.

i did , i have new battery and drager change it not me , but its still not working now i sent an eamil to see if i can solve the problem with out sending it back, hope i can get an answer soon.

thanks..

by the way i have a new problem but i think i will add it in a new post .....

Wazza, my Draeger oxyguage flooded the first time I used it.

I had purchased the Draeger oxyguage as a backup for my Cochran Lifeguard, a full-function SCR PO2 sensing dive computer which was reliable until the sensor stopped working (computer wouldn't calibrate as required on O2, so I had to order a new sensor/housing from Cochran, which has taken several weeks).

The Draeger oxyguage was a few years old, although brand new in the box, when I had to use it. I replaced the o-ring with a new one (installing it properly, which you have to do quite carefully), replaced the battery, then replaced the cover according to Draeger's instructions. The supplied O2 sensor had gone bad (even though the seal had never been broken and it had been stored properly in its airtight container), so I replaced the O2 sensor also. I calibrated the unit and went diving, only to find that the oxyguage had flooded/failed on the return leg of my dive (max depth 60').

According to Aqualung, the current U.S. distributor of Draeger dive products, there is no possibility of warranty replacement of my defective Draeger oxyguage--Aqualung told me it was past warranty. The Aqualung tech rep also told me that the Draeger oxyguage units initially produced (mine was one of these) had a history of flooding/failing. If this is the case, I asked, why hasn't the unit been recalled? Aqualung had no answer, other than stating that the Draeger oxyguage has been redesigned to be "more reliable".

In my mind, this company-acknowledged lack of reliability and absence of consumer support in a critical piece of life-support dive equipment is inexcusable.

Consider yourself forewarned, "scubaligament".

scubaligament:
In my mind, this company-acknowledged lack of reliability and absence of consumer support in a critical piece of life-support dive equipment is inexcusable.
Sounds like Dräger and Uwatec are a match made in heaven (or hell :wink: ).

Ok what s new

Couple of days before I countered a , so I would like to share it with u guys so maybe we can learn from each others.

I bought this new half canister for the scrubber and I filed it as they said, first the half full piece then the sofno then close it so after I came back from the dive I opened the canister I found that there is a layer of water or let me say moist around the inner side of it all over the walls so I was kind of worried but the sofno was dry, so the second day I did the opposite and I added first the sofno then the half full canister upside down and I dove again when I came back I opened it and it was like 100% dry so I believe this is the best way to use this piece of equipment.

scubaligament:
Wazza, my Draeger oxyguage flooded the first time I used it.

The Draeger oxyguage was a few years old, although brand new in the box, when I had to use it. I replaced the o-ring with a new one (installing it properly, which you have to do quite carefully), replaced the battery, then replaced the cover according to Draeger's instructions. The supplied O2 sensor had gone bad (even though the seal had never been broken and it had been stored properly in its airtight container), so I replaced the O2 sensor also. I calibrated the unit and went diving, only to find that the oxyguage had flooded/failed on the return leg of my dive (max depth 60').

To tell you the truth I don’t like to do it my self even if I know how cos I think these equipment are very sensitive as u can see, so are I rather send it to dragger but on the other hand if u are confident of yr self why not …. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom