Easy-Don Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried the gloves under the wrist seals and like others it did not work for me. My hands were warm but I generally put my gloves on last and with the lines under the seal, it made other normal tasks more challenging. I also solicited my buddy to assist with one glove.

I am going with a shorter liner that I can put on just prior to entering the water. I balance the glove via small tube or some cave line through the seal. I found that with a shorter liner that covers the first 1/2-3/4 inch of the wrist seal works great. Just pull the glove seal over the liner and it drops right onto wrist seal- done go diving. When removing just pull the glove off as it slides over the liner quite well.

tried the dish soap idea again today. i originally tried a diluted solution and i think it evaporates way too fast to do any good. so today i just used straight dish soap. it still surprisingly disappears quite quickly but stays slippery plenty long enough to slide the seals over each other. worked great. so i will bring a small travel size bottle with me in my dive kit and just refill it with my big bottle at home when needed.

curious if anyone has ever tried these merino/possum gloves. ya thats what i said......possum. haha

Possum Fur Gloves - Plain Merino Possum Fur Gloves

went out yesterday in less than ideal conditions. but better than being on the couch watchin tv right ?? the dish soap idea on the suits wrist seals worked perfect. gloves slid on quite easily.
now that i have washed them and have used them a couple of times, the grip seems to be much better when handling the bolt snaps etc so i am happy about that. it was a real concern.
so all in all i am happy at this point about the dry glove system. just not happy about the warmth of the inner gloves supplied. i tried a real cheap pair of loftier gloves and they did work better but finger still got cold. if you are a diver who keeps a lot of air in your suit you may be much better off with these. i tend to keep as little air in my suit as possible so i will def need to upgrade to better liners.

I trimmed the seal on the gloves... 'seemed' to work much better for me.

i was going to try that as well. just didn't want to mess with them if i didn't have to. cutting them will def make it easier to pull on as you don't have to pull them/stretch them so far.

so i happened to find a small bag of talc powder that came with the used dry suit i bought here last year. forgot i even had it. it is a small bag with talc in it that you usually just lightly dab onto the inside of your seals to help them slide on/off better. so i tried putting it on the outer wrist seal and outer glove seal. worked pretty good. slid on nice. on the down side i figure is if you are in wet conditions. then it would not work as the seals need to be perfectly dry. in that situation i think i will stick to using the the soap. OR.....in my case..... i actually carry baby shampoo with me as a mask defog. that is what i have been using lately. works the same as the dish soap. one less thing to carry and keep track of.

Back
Top Bottom