Gravity Sucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Optimism: It will hurt less to be in water then standing! I heard hot springs are therapeutic (don't really know that but it sounds better than being on a couch)!

Interesting. This is the iWalkFree walking brace:

hfc2001bk-8.png

Keeping our fingers crossed for you. Maybe a winter break to sunny climes will be on the cards. You will have earned it.
Latest news I get 4 screws and a metal plate on the 30th. The doctor dives also!!!! He said best case is I'll get wet at the end of December!!!! Worst case looking at another surgery and maybe early summer.

Is it? I must've missed that memo :cool2: (srlsly, now is the time that viz finally is really picking up here in green water country. Get a DS and go dive, 'cause this is the best season!)

Listen to this guy. He is from Norway and is whining about GREEN WATER!!!???:shakehead:
WHAT??!! :shocked2:
Want to see green water??? Come on over to Eesti! (Use this post as your official invitation!)
Here is a dive I led in Rummu that another diver posted to YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wwAeDJyBFY

Estonians go to NORWAY for the awesome diving conditions! ("awesome being a relative term and is compared to the conditions here, of course)

Already have DS, will travel... (What is that that I hear?? and invitation from Norway???) :D

We'll be cutting ice soon to go below to continue our season year round of course.

My post was for the OP, not crazy Scandinavians! :D

Okies will for the most part be hanging up the spurs until spring and I was trying to ENCOURAGE the OP, not depress him by telling him about the awesome conditions through the winter that we experience. I am sure that he appreciated you shooting down the sense of euphoria that he briefly experienced from my post thinking that he wasn't missing anything!
:no:

Hopefully his dashed hopes won't delay the healing process of his heel!

Listen to this guy. He is from Norway and is whining about GREEN WATER!!!???
Not whining at all. Just pointing out that with the right exposure protection, there's hardly any time of the year that isn't in season. Although I prefer to stay on the surface when the temp drops below -10C, since the gear freezes so darned fast when you're trying to break it down post-dive.

Right now we've got 7C air, about 8C water and 10-20m viz, so I'm planning a two-tank dive today. First one in the afternoon, second one a night dive, and with the aurora activity we have nowadays, I'm hoping for some during or after the night dive.

I am sure that he appreciated you shooting down the sense of euphoria that he briefly experienced from my post thinking that he wasn't missing anything!
:no:
Putting my foot in my mouth again, I see. Oh well.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

when the temp drops below -10C, since the gear freezes so darned fast when you're trying to break it down post-dive.
Ahh, you bring back memories of my first ice dive with my laminate DS. Didn't remove it when it was wet because I wanted to stay warm and later when we got to the car, the ice has frozen so well that my boys had to beat me to break up the ice enough to pull it off me. No way, could I have removed it myself!

maybe Diver Dan had better wait until Spring!!

Last edited:
Wow, December? That's much better than I would have guessed. Best wishes for the "best case scenario"!

Don't let them put you on crutches or in a wheel chair! Go for a knee scooter! The are fast, infinitely easier than crutches and will restore your mobility. I used this during two Achilles Tendon surgeries. I even traveled to Moscow less than a month after surgery.

DML_780.jpg

PeteRedSquare.JPG

As an important caveat, I AM NOT A MEDICAL DOCTOR. I fix sick Networks and servers. I speak only from my experience with ankle surgery.

So, an aside. One of our admin assistants had a major issue with her ankle. Broke it at a grand kids softball game. She had one of the scooters. Everyone around used to steal it and go for one knee scooter rides in the hall way. It was fun until one day when the CEO (5 billion dollar company kind of CEO) walked out of the COOs office and got run over by an errant rider. Needless to say, the scooter got left alone after that.... for the most part! :)

The Golden Dolphin Dive Show in Moscow had marble floors. Boy, could I zip fast through there. Peeps had to run to attempt to keep up. However, you had to be alert to things like extension cords that could send you flying. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom