Nitrogen Narcosis Accounts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for accounts from divers about their experiences of nitrogen narcosis for a university project, it would be great to hear from as many people as possible through this survey link:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C77RWPY
Apologies if this is not the right place to post this, I'm new to the forums and having a bit of trouble getting my head around how they work!

Thanks in advance, and happy diving.
Hazel

Survey taken.

Could you please explain to what purpose you intend to use our (optional) email addresses?

Are you planning to share your study here or with participants?

It's not really a study of narcosis in itself, i'm an art student so will be drawing images inspired by the stories received.
I will probably put my images online here when the project is over: To the Woods!
:)

Hazel

---------- Post added October 16th, 2014 at 10:22 AM ----------

---------- Post added October 16th, 2014 at 10:23 AM ----------

---------- Post added October 16th, 2014 at 10:25 AM ----------

Thanks for the responses!

I've deleted the email option since Knotical was right, it wasn't needed :)

Hazel

Last edited:
Very, very talented! I did not know from you OP what you were looking for. So, how about another narc. story. Setting Lake Jocassee, SC, very cold, dark, depth around 150 feet fresh water and two divers with very bright lights. We were in the forest, yes a real unwater forest with hugh trees. My buddy is having some slight trouble with his BCD and due to some narcosis he starts to take the wrong line which we have placed over several years. We are using our lights to signal each other and which line to take. We had a great time after the event and with the overhead canopy of the trees, going up was just not an option. I might add that fellow divers have attached several items to the line such as duck decoys, skeletons, etc. There is also an underwater graveyard. This might be a fun project for you. Not my video but this should give an idea as to what I am talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6crCTz21_lU Also, we almost always use back mounted double tanks on this dive. Please let me know what you come up with and I would love to see the finished product. Again, I really enjoyed you art work.

Very, very talented! I did not know from you OP what you were looking for. So, how about another narc. story. Setting Lake Jocassee, SC, very cold, dark, depth around 150 feet fresh water and two divers with very bright lights. We were in the forest, yes a real unwater forest with hugh trees. My buddy is having some slight trouble with his BCD and due to some narcosis he starts to take the wrong line which we have placed over several years. We are using our lights to signal each other and which line to take. We had a great time after the event and with the overhead canopy of the trees, going up was just not an option. I might add that fellow divers have attached several items to the line such as duck decoys, skeletons, etc. There is also an underwater graveyard. This might be a fun project for you. Not my video but this should give an idea as to what I am talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6crCTz21_lU Also, we almost always use back mounted double tanks on this dive. Please let me know what you come up with and I would love to see the finished product. Again, I really enjoyed you art work.

Thanks for that!
Yes, once the project is over I'll put the pics I've done online :)

Also that dive looks amazing but very eerie!

It is a very, very cool dive and I love to do it again and again. I am equally glad to see others' videos and see that the lines we and others have place are being used. We started putting them in there as a guide line to 1) have a reference with cave arrows leading to the nearest exit and 2) once completed it will guide divers to a max depth of around 200 feet fresh water and back out again.

How will we know where to find your pictures? Please PM us. You have talent and no matter which case you use I would love to see it.

OBTW, very nice and refreshing thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom