Dahap Blue Hole, the cemetery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see the OP is still fixated on the Arch, deco bottles, and what-not. Okay, it's been established that the Blue Hole in Dahab CAN be dived safely by rec divers as an ordinary wall dive and that rec divers who attempt the Arch tend to die. Thanks.

Hey, OP, why not tell us about all the great recreational diving you're doing in Curacao? In all sincerity I, and perhaps others, would enjoy hearing about that rather than aspects of diving beyond what many of us in the Basic Scuba Discussions forum are presently trained for. I enjoyed the one trip I took to Curacao--for my wedding. Honeymoon was on Bonaire, by the way. Heading back to Bonaire for our fifth anniversary in a couple of weeks. I don't mean to hijack your thread. Oh, yeah, I guess I do :D

For my misfortune, there is only one decent Wreck dive but it is a small one, the Superior Producer, so far the dive that I liked the most, if I remember right 36m on the bed floor is the deepest, mushroom forest is nice, Directors Bay also very good probably so far the best for seen fish, still a lot of spots that are nice that I need to dive.

Klein Curacao, is nice as well, there is a small wall on the southern part, but I went snorkling only, also in plans to go there to dive, I hear of a old wreck were cannons can be seen on the north-east, but it is kind of a mistery because it is pointed in the dive Map of Klein Curacao, but I have spoken with instructors and other experienced divers and they never had hear abour that wreck, it is a 2+ hours boat trip to that small island and you can bring your diving gear with you, but that means to pay for the all inclusive boat trip, apart you have to rent your scuba tank a day before in a LDS so the costs add up.

Bonaire have nice wrecks, in my plans to go there after more experience, Aruba has the largest wreck in this side of the caribbean 400+ foot, did snorkling once there, will be nice to do it now with tanks, but it is in very bad shape, I guess no penetration recommended in that wreck, not sure really, it is a boat dive or a good swem from shore.

Hotels are much better in Aruba than in Curacao or Bonaire

Me and my girlfriend went snorkelling at the blue hole and it was amazing. After watching the programme about it afterwards, I would feel sorry for the ones that lost their lives. However the programme I watched also showed experienced and properly trained divers, dive the arc perfectly. Keep on the safe side and don't dive the arc unless you know what your doing.

People wouldn't climb Everest without skills and training so why dive depths or challenges they haven't trained for?

Makes no sense to me, always stay within your personal limits. Go to the blue hole and experience it for yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually people do climb Everest without the skills and training, and with some of the same results.

Actually people do climb Everest without the skills and training, and with some of the same results.

Well there you go, the world is more idiotic then I first thought :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that the hyperbaric chamber is mentioned in the Monty Hall program
As far as I remember it is 20 or so (I think 26) km down a gravel road

The chamber in Dahab is on a paved road next to some hotels and is easily reached. It is quite large, very well maintained and well equipped. I visited it a few times during some of my technical courses (as a student not as a patient :) and had a chat with the hyperbaric physicians on duty - learned quite a bit form those guys - they have lot's of experience and really know their stuff.

As far as the Blue Hole goes, it is not a particularly challenging technical dive and I have not experienced any currents, but diving the arch is best done with the proper technical training and equipment. There is however some really nice diving still within and around the Blue Hole that can be done within recreational sport diving limits.

It's quite a beautiful and atmospheric site.

The arch is, if I remember correctly, at about 180 feet. That makes it a trimix dive (if you want to remember what you experienced afterward)...

Snort.

I think that the hyperbaric chamber is mentioned in the Monty Hall program
As far as I remember it is 20 or so (I think 26) km down a gravel road

The chamber in Dahab is on a paved road next to some hotels and is easily reached. It is quite large, very well maintained and well equipped. I visited it a few times during some of my technical courses (as a student not as a patient :) and had a chat with the hyperbaric physicians on duty - learned quite a bit form those guys - they have lot's of experience and really know their stuff.

He's probably referring to the stretch of road between the Canyon and the Blue Hole. Although that's not 20 km.... feels like it some days... but most of the way is paved road.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom