Uk Diving books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lf17

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am very keen in getting in UK diving, just need some guidance to get me started. Does anyone have any recommendation for UK diving books or have some old ones that they'd be happy to donate?

Thanks!

South east or potentially south west, I like to explore so any advice of any areas is welcomed : )

Never seen a book on UK Diving per se other than the guide books... I'm a fan of the "A Divers Guide to Dive XXX" series, like South Devon, etc... like this one... A DIVER GUIDE DIVE WIGHT AND HAMPSHIRE 0946020159 | eBay

Join a club (bsac)...they can introduce you to UK diving.. look on the thediveforum, ukdivers forums.. and on facebook groups... like "UK Dive Spaces Offered/Wanted" or "UK Viz Reports"

Plymouth is a good place to start from, plenty of dive options, vis is usually good and lots of good wrecks/reefs but plenty of options all the way up to Dover.. but vis is an issue around the Portsmouth area with the flamin dredging

There are lots of ways to find out about diving in the UK but if you are set on reading about it in a book then look up Life Journey

Rod MacDonald is a very good and knowledgeable writer, his interest is mainly wrecks but thats the strength of UK diving in my opinion.

A funny book by a British diver is called "Diver" by Tony Groom - not really about British diving more about his life as a diver but it is a fascinating read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom