So Would You Go To Indonesia Now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

living in australia i haven't read much of a smear campaign against Indonesia at all, very little is in the main papers. The media smear campaign is much more focused on Australia! talk about creating hysteria.

Hello
I am living for 11 years now in Indonesia. We have seen earthquakes, bombings, flootings and more. Indonesian people are one of the most friendliest people on the world. There will be maybe a few radicals but you will find them every where in the world. This should not stop you to visit Indonesia. Here on the Gilis there is no threat. Everyone is enjoying life and diving...

We have been to Indo 11x with ZERO problems!! I would go back in a heartbeat!!

I would go to Indonesia tomorrow ....the marine creatures are a teeny weeny bit more protected because of the dive industry and this provides employment. If you are concerned do a liveaboard....Raja Ampat and Komodo are the stuff diving dreams are made of.

I booked my flight to Manado for mid-November. I will be picked-up at the airport by the dive shop and will spend the full holidays at the dive shop.
I don't think there is any reason to worry.

We have been to Indo 11x with ZERO problems!!

Naaahh ...then it wasn't Indonesia but Singapore. :wink:

Don't tell me you've never had problems such as (tick when encountered) flight/ferry delayed/canceled, boat/driver/taxi/hotel/dive centre not picking you up on time, dish you ordered replaced by a random one, wrong bill, "sorry finished, habis sudah" most famous sentence, current not like expected, etc.

Isn't that precisely why we loooove Indonesia?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom