Archon D11V video light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok... bring this thread back to life. Has any one found any means to add a diffuser lens to them? I had a lilnk that I can't find, that had many different sizes AND some rubber caps you can use to hold them on the light, very similar to the Mag Light ones.

Post links if you have them.

Ok... bring this thread back to life. Has any one found any means to add a diffuser lens to them? I had a lilnk that I can't find, that had many different sizes AND some rubber caps you can use to hold them on the light, very similar to the Mag Light ones.

Post links if you have them.

why would you want a diffuser? The light is very wide angle?

There is a noticeable overlap lines with the beams when projecting on a smooth, uniform surface but for my uses over terrains of varying color and texture, I never really notice it, especially with macro use.

I know what those diffusers you speak of are but I can't remember where I saw those.

There is a noticeable overlap lines with the beams when projecting on a smooth, uniform surface but for my uses over terrains of varying color and texture, I never really notice it, especially with macro use.

I know what those diffusers you speak of are but I can't remember where I saw those.

I might of found them, but will have to order 2x to test. I found them at Nitecore NFD40 40MM White Filter/Diffuser Fit for EA4, MH25, P25 Flashlight - Flashlight Accessories(DIY)

There is a noticeable overlap lines with the beams when projecting on a smooth, uniform surface...
This is my first video with two D11Vs. You can notice the line in certain shots.

[vimeo]102958283[/vimeo]

you can make a diffuser out of a plastic milk jug ... Or go to tap plastics and buy frosted acrylic... Or Knee Deep you can ask me and i will make them for you for free ?

---------- Post added August 12th, 2014 at 03:11 AM ----------

And you can Buy Loc line on Ebay for cheap, just about any aquarium reef store online has it .. FYI

Very helpful thread - Thank you all !!

Have you tested out the diffusers yet?

the lines you are seeing is the driver in the light , its not PWM, pulse width Modulation ... so when you use this light for video and you dim it down your going to see lines in the video from the frame rate capture

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom