Max depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mempilot,
here a link to an article about the 2003 CCR expedition to the RMS Niagara in New Zealand. The dives were done with Inspirations, Prisms and Megalodons to a depth of 121m/396 ftsw.:
Niagara Expedition 2003

More (and better) on this dive and many others involving the use of rebreathers are at:
Trimix Divers
(select -> wrecks -> NZ -> North Island -> RMS Niagra 2001)
Great site with lots of info and reports.

For the dives you're planning to do the list should include both the Prism and in case you want to go the SCR route the RB80. Both RBs have been used repeatedly and safely for dives at your target depth (just check EKPP and WKPP websites for RB80 explorations).
For both training is available in Florida, Terry Tysall and Billy Deans for the Prism, and Jarrod Jablonski (Andrew G. probably too) for the RB80.

caveseeker7:
For both training is available in Florida, Terry Tysall and Billy Deans for the Prism, and Jarrod Jablonski (Andrew G. probably too) for the RB80.

Has Billy come back to the diving world? He's been MIA for some years now!

I have looked at many of the units that would work for my type of diving, deep cave environments and really remote world locations.

I have selected 2 units

1. The RB80 SCR for its simplicity and lack of moving parts, easy to fix in the field. Even though it is considerably larger than some CCR's.

2. The Megoladon CCR for its durability and size. The Meg was designed for extreme diving in mind. It is extremely durable and able to take punishment that others cannot. It is also small enough to travel with. Since it is a CCR you will need far less gas supply than the RB80, with the exception of bailout cylinders for technical diving. But if you never need the bailout gas, you can save it for dive after dive.

There are a couple more units coming out that I plan on doing some editorial on such as the new Dive Rite CCR, the KISS CCR, and maybe the Frog?

If I survive this Hurricane, I am schedualed to be in Grand Cayman next week for Zero Gravity. there will be lots of different units there.

Right now, I am buckled down, waiting to see if I am going to take a direct hit or just a glance? I am praying just for the glance!

Curt Bowen:
If I survive this Hurricane, I am schedualed to be in Grand Cayman next week for Zero Gravity. there will be lots of different units there.
Hi Curt, wish Linda, Savannah and you good luck with the storm and looking forward to your report of Zero G (and the rest of the magazine :wink: )

Stefan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom