Tulamben restaurants and dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it's the one that is next door to a small vegetable market, I tried it once for lunch, their nasi goreng is very basic smells like chicken feet... I do not recommend this one. Some dive centres go with their client there only because it's one of the cheapest.

Don't remember a vege market there - just the warung. Never saw any dive groups there - only saw a couple of non-locals a couple of times and two of them were there about as often as I was! Always had one of their spicy type pork dishes and it was always yummo. As always, things can change and ymmv!

Wherever you go, have a great time - I get there in a few days and am looking forward to it :)

My best regards to Uji, he's a great dive guide, eagle eyes for macro stuff.

Hi luko... you have been to Tulamben in the first 15 days of August?(we are there 6-13) had Uji as a private guide ??
If yes, we do a ride together on the pickup of liberty dive resort ... and you stole the guide we booked 6 months in advance... Uji.. :D:D:D
Luckily the new guide was spectacular :wink:

Hi luko... you have been to Tulamben in the first 15 days of August?(we are there 6-13) had Uji as a private guide ??
If yes, we do a ride together on the pickup of liberty dive resort ... and you stole the guide we booked 6 months in advance... Uji.. :D:D:D
Luckily the new guide was spectacular :wink:
Hooo that was you : we met in Seraya, didn't we?
Uji's been my guide for 4 years, no one can take Uji from me :D :D :D

Last edited:
Hooo that was you : we met in Seraya, didn't we?
Uji's been my guide for 4 years, no one can take Uji from me :D :D :D

ahahah... I do not remember if it was Seraya or Melasti(i think seraya), but you are dropped from the pick-up in the center of Tulamben! :wink::wink: was me and my wife (blonde) and our new guide Esen, a really good guide, better than Uji 3 years ago... :shocked2: :D:D:D:D
next time, before booking the guide, I'll send a PM to know what dates you will be in Tulamben... eheheh :rofl3::rofl3::wink:

We were there from 9 to 22 August. We went to many different restaurants, all were okay, some a little better than others. Tauch Terminal was the most expensive (but still cheap) but the food was no better. We liked Tulamben Wreck Divers and Matahari the most. All the dives are good, but The Drop Off, Melasti and Seraya are the best (of course USAT Liberty is fantastic).

We were there from 9 to 22 August. We went to many different restaurants, all were okay, some a little better than others. Tauch Terminal was the most expensive (but still cheap) but the food was no better. We liked Tulamben Wreck Divers and Matahari the most. All the dives are good, but The Drop Off, Melasti and Seraya are the best (of course USAT Liberty is fantastic).

Good to hear that the food was best at TWD! :D We're leaving for our trip to Bali in a few days and will spend four nights at TWD. Can't wait!

Well, ignore what I said above mostly as two of my old favs are gone gone gone.

the ice cream is wonderful at Swiss Bakery, Tulamben, and my group said the pizza was awesome, though I didn't get to join for it :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom