Sneak Peak - New Suunto Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hendrik@Suunto

Contributor
Reaction score
Something very cool is on the way from Suunto. Are you ready for our new dive computer, created with your help and feedback? Click here for a sneak peek Suunto's next generation dive computer - Suunto

1546317_696259763785170_5552609124902388758_n.jpg

When are the specs coming out??? Algorithm battery life etc
sort of RGBM, as the Helo2
li-ion battery and usb
configurable display

seems french people have more information than chris@suunto

scottj200,

This is information that I cannot disclose yet. As soon as I can, I will make this information available.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Why the front mounted buttons? Could have made the footprint smaller or the screen larger by putting them on the side.

No kidding. The display looks awesome, but there's seemlingly a lot of wasted real estate with those buttons. Could have put them on the bottom or sides and either made the computer smaller or the screen larger.

Looking forward to seeing more with this though. I'm going to make some guesses...
There will be a couple different models priced differently based on features similar to the D-series.
One with/without wireless air transmitter and compass.

Just a guess.

I'm also assuming it'll only use the standard Suunto algorithms and not allow for much adjustments?

Or is Suunto going to be trying to compete with computers like the Shearwater Petrel and xDeep?

Someone on the Subsurface mailing list commented that it looks like the Bend-O.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom