SDI Divemaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickym96

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What are the requirements for becoming a SDI Divemaster? What kind of tests, physical tests do you have to pass?

Has anyone had any experience going through the SDI divemaster certification? If so what was the course like for you?

the SDI course is a great course. A LOT depends on the instructor. SDI's DM really is very knowledge and skills oriented. You need to really KNOW your dive physics and physiology (or you'll learn it!). You'll refine and improve your basic dive skills. And you'll become proficient at skills that you may not have done since your initial classes.

I just went through this and finished it last month. It was a great course. Depending on how good of a swimmer you are the 400 and 800 swims might be tough. I'm not a strong swimmer (I can just haven't really done it in years) but I still came in under time for both, my 400 was 9:40. Figure out what technique works for you before hand, I kind of switched around during the test between different strokes to see what worked and lost a lot of time.

Back
Top Bottom