GLWC Fall Meet and Greet - Oct 3-5th, 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoneCrusher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Great Lakes Wrecking Crew
Fall Meet and Greet
October 3-5th, 2014

Where: Gilboa Quarry!

The group will once again be having a fall meet and greet at Gilboa Quarry to get some end of season (well there really isn't an end of the dive season) dives in and swap stories of that dives and trips over the past year. All divers and non-divers are welcome. We reserve the turn around at Gilboa and have a fire that lasts all weekend long. On Saturday, the group has a pot luck were divers bring their favorite dish to pass and we have an amazing feast throughout the day.
We always have a good time and it is a great place to catch up with buddies and build new dive buddy relationships. Hope you will come join us for a weekend of fun!

If you have questions, please feel free to post them here and we will answer them as well as checkout our Facebook page.Hope to see you there!

So glad to hear you are going Ted! :D Even more so that you are bringing gear this time. Are you going to get that camera wet this time?

PICT0585.jpg

I can't believe the fall M&G is only a couple weeks away. This season has really flown by! I am really looking forward to hanging out with everyone and swapping dive stories from this past season. This time we are planning on staying at Gilboa in the dive trailer (instead of the Drury) so we can enjoy the evening bon fires!

As customary, we should probably start the food list for the weekend.

PICT0108.jpg

Chili - Mike and Cindy.

Please respond to this thread if you are attending and if you will be bringing a dish to pass or items for the group potluck on Saturday afternoon and evening.

Also, as customary, Friday night we will be headed to the Red Pig in Ottowa, OH for a group dinner. This is organized by Denny, so I am sure he will chime in on here as well. Please let us know if you will be attending that as well so Denny can get a good headcount for the restaurant.

IMG_2674.jpg

Hang on, Ted is bringing dive gear?!
I'm coming (although not sure about the diving...).
Should be there for friday dinner! Will bring Perogi's, with a better way to heat them this time!

So food list:

Chili - Mike and Cindy.
Perogi's- Angie

So glad to hear you are going Ted! :D Even more so that you are bringing gear this time. Are you going to get that camera wet this time?

View attachment 192884
\\\

I can't believe the fall M&G is only a couple weeks away. This season has really flown by! I am really looking forward to hanging out with everyone and swapping dive stories from this past season. This time we are planning on staying at Gilboa in the dive trailer (instead of the Drury) so we can enjoy the evening bon fires!

View attachment 192885

Chili - Mike and Cindy.
Keilbasa - Denny

Please respond to this thread if you are attending and if you will be bringing a dish to pass or items for the group potluck on Saturday afternoon and evening.

Also, as customary, Friday night we will be headed to the Red Pig in Ottowa, OH for a group dinner. This is organized by Denny, so I am sure he will chime in on here as well. Please let us know if you will be attending that as well so Denny can get a good headcount for the restaurant.

View attachment 192883
Dinner at the Red Pig is in the Tin Room at 6:30 - 7:00. Don't forget to pick up a coupon from the office at Gilboa for free appetizers. This is gonna be great. Also, please contribute to the wood fund for the campfires when you register in the office. Thanks in advance.

Hang on, Ted is bringing dive gear?!
I'm coming (although not sure about the diving...).
Should be there for friday dinner! Will bring Perogi's, with a better way to heat them this time!

So food list:

Chili - Mike and Cindy.
Perogi's- Angie
Awwww I'm so glad that your coming because I am.. Bring your gear. I will spend some time with you, getting used to the hood. I will bring my big ass light also.. [emoji3]

---------- Post added September 9th, 2014 at 01:45 PM ----------

I might bring the famous carrot cake.

---------- Post added September 9th, 2014 at 01:47 PM ----------

View attachment 192884

View attachment 192885

Chili - Mike and Cindy.

View attachment 192883
Yes I got some go pro goodies on the UPS truck a we speak.

Looking forward to it! I'll be there all weekend.

Hopefully we get a break in the weather. The last few days it has been like someone flipped the light switch on Fall! If it stays like this, the campfires will be great but the surface intervals between dives will be a bit chilly! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So food list:

Chili - Mike and Cindy.
Perogi's- Angie
Taco Salad, Electricity, & Spiced Rum Apple Cider- Tim & Lisa Bix.

Back
Top Bottom