Master Scuba Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have an IANTD shop around and the resources (time, money, dives, gear) you could always get your advanced nitrox or ART certs if you're interested in that type thing, I did it, it was definitely an eye-opener for me.
- Jason, another 15 year old diver

Hi, Rene....

If I may ask... which agency are you going through (PADI, SSI, etc.)? I am working on my SSI Master Diver. To get there, I need to have 4 specialties PLUS Stress and Rescue. I already have the Nitrox course, done, and am signed up for Bouyancy. Still have a ways to go!!!

Adam

Hi guys,

I'm 3 specialties away to get my master scuba diver certification :cool2:,
I've read through the forums and read that it's kind of useless to do it, Unfortunately I'm one of them guys that like to get the certification cards :).

So my question is,

When I get my master scuba diver certification what will I get? apparently, you get a goodie-bag what exactly is inside it ?? and how much will it cost for the certification?

Regards
Rene Doempke,
15 Year Old Diver :)

I view MSD as a result, not an end in itself. I'm sure that I will end up with the qualifications for it at some point, but not likely to actually spend money on it. To me the big one is 'Rescue', and then after that, when I have the prerequisite number of dives, looking at the 'Solo' certification. Not that I plan on solo diving, but that way I can enjoy having a buddy without being dependent on someone else for my continued existence.

I'd do the Fish ID certification, but in my local dive sites, it would be 'Bluegill, Bass, Catfish'. :) (except for one, where it's just 'bluegill, bass')

Steve

go for it and enjoy it..........MSD may just be a card but it's one you can be proud of.

For some it's always good to have a goal. MSD requirements make nice goals. Its one thing to be diving and another to be diving while keeping you're eye on continuing education. I've known a lot of divers with lots of time in the water who haven't moved on in skills beyond their OW class. And I've known divers with 1/10 the number of dives who were much better divers.

Once you have the goals met, and if you have the fee, go for it.

---------- Post added September 8th, 2014 at 01:04 PM ----------

I view MSD as a result, not an end in itself. I'm sure that I will end up with the qualifications for it at some point, but not likely to actually spend money on it. To me the big one is 'Rescue', and then after that, when I have the prerequisite number of dives, looking at the 'Solo' certification. Not that I plan on solo diving, but that way I can enjoy having a buddy without being dependent on someone else for my continued existence.

I'd do the Fish ID certification, but in my local dive sites, it would be 'Bluegill, Bass, Catfish'. :) (except for one, where it's just 'bluegill, bass')

Steve

Sounds like a good place to work on UW Hunter!!!!

Snip.....

Sounds like a good place to work on UW Hunter!!!!

OH LORD NO!!!! Both are quarry dive parks, the fish are protected by the owners, if you're caught doing any kind of fishing, it's a 500 dollar per pound fine and a lifetime ban. That would be one expensive fish-fry.

Steve

Rene, you can get a neat patch that says you are a Master Scuba Diver. You can also get patches or bars to sew on a jacket for every specialty. I had a friend, who has since passed away, who had a light jacket with all his patches on it, and there were a lot of them. I commend to you a cool jacket on which to sew your Master Scuba DIver Patch and any other cool things you choose to. Be proud of what you have done.
DivemasterDennis

My daughter,16, got hers this past spring. It came with one very proud mother. She is a really really good dive buddy. She already had 2 occasions to put her rescue dive training to use. Once was when she noticed a fellow dive was struggling to stay down at their safety stop. She swam up and offered one of her 2 lb weights which did the trick. The other was a night dive at 70 feet when a diver close to her had their inflator go haywire and auto-inflate. She grabbed her and had her hold onto a rock until they could resolve the problem. I am sooo proud of her. I think the goal of having that Master Diver Card motivated her to finish up all of the classes.

Rene, you can get a neat patch that says you are a Master Scuba Diver. You can also get patches or bars to sew on a jacket for every specialty. I had a friend, who has since passed away, who had a light jacket with all his patches on it, and there were a lot of them. I commend to you a cool jacket on which to sew your Master Scuba DIver Patch and any other cool things you choose to. Be proud of what you have done.
DivemasterDennis

Something like this?

images

PLEASE do not do this. You will only make yourself the butt of jokes and derision from the majority of other divers. All this says is "I'm more interested in public recognition of being a diver than actually diving"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom