White Shark attacks Kayak off Plymouth Ma.!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They were 100 yards off shore but had to wait to be rescued. They couldn't swim? Wt*?

They didn't want to look like a jerky, splashy injured prey. They said they learned this from watching Shark Week on TV

I've seen the behavior while dolphin fishing. I would catch a fish and it would be fighting, it was like a dinner bell, the sharks would come in. I would release the line and let it relax and swim naturally and the sharks would lose interest. People swimming and splashing don't look relaxed and natural in the water, they look like dinner to a shark.

The story does raise awareness of the fact that Great Whites are now in our waters close to shore, a relatively new phenomenon and something to consider when diving in the same waters.

The story does raise awareness of the fact that Great Whites are now in our waters close to shore, a relatively new phenomenon and something to consider when diving in the same waters.

If at all possible I try and swim on the bottom to my boat and come up under it's shadow......A little trick I read in the book "Devils Teeth"

Same here A.D. .....Saw a big Sand Tiger disappear in the murky water while scratching out a lobster....Just saw his backside...not as scary!

Not seeing them 1st is the scary part. I always try to think of something else when I have to surface swim 100+ yds at night to dive Green Bridge. :wink:

Thanks for that note AfterDark!

under water some where

Thanks for that note AfterDark!

under water some where

Come to think of it long surface swims while night diving FTW! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom