Bangka/Lembeh solo in December/Jan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No flights on Sunday and Thursday

RouteAirlineDaysDeparture Time
Singapore - Manado
Manado - Singapore
Silkair1,2,3,5,6Dep 09:25, Arr 13:05
Dep 13:50, Arr 17:05

I would also recommend getting your driver to stop at the mega mall in Manado before you head to Bangka because there is nowhere to buy munchies from on the island. Stock up on snacks and buy rambutans off the side of the road.

Can you tell me if the New York to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Singapore flights are on the same plane from looking at this? All the others list the type of plane, Terminal and a flight number except for the Frankfurt to Singapore leg....it's the same with the return flight.
It would be really nice since the layover is only 1h50m and that makes me nervous. HAHA! I'm so naïve when it comes to buying plane tickets, tickets to the Caribbean are so easy compared to this!
And then there is another flight on Wed. from Singapore to Manado so if I am a little late somewhere, so I could hope to catch the 1:50pm flight to Manado....correct?

Please don't laugh at me! :wink:

B6906 Jetblue Airways (Embraer 190) Economy
Departs Chicago (ORD) 10:36 (22 Dec) Ohare Intl Terminal 3
Arrives New York (JFK) 13:37 (22 Dec) John F Kennedy Intl Terminal 5
Flying time Updating... Layover time 6hrs 48mins

SQ25 Singapore Airlines (Airbus Industrie A380-800) Economy
Departs New York (JFK) 20:25 (22 Dec) John F Kennedy Intl Terminal 4
Arrives Frankfurt (FRA) 10:00 (23 Dec) Frankfurt International
Flying time Updating... Layover time1hrs 50mins

Frankfurt (FRA) 11:50 (23 Dec) Frankfurt International
Singapore (SIN) 06:50 (24 Dec) Changi Intl
Layover time 2hrs 30mins

MI274 SilkAir (Airbus A320) Economy
Departs Singapore (SIN) 09:20 (24 Dec) Changi Intl Terminal 2
Arrives Manado (MDC) 13:05 (24 Dec) Sam Ratulangi
Flying time Updating... Total travel time 36hrs 29mins

Thank you Karibelle! :)

---------- Post added August 22nd, 2014 at 09:54 PM ----------

So, on the Singapore Airlines website when I get to the page where I fill in all my info it says

All passengers must carry a valid passport and visa for travel. Singapore Airlines is not responsible for validating the document.

I don't need a transit visa if I'm not leaving the airport in Singapore and I can get a visa on arrival in Manado, correct? So this is just a generalized statement.......?
I don't need a passport AND visa, right?

I realize I sound ridiculous. Can you tell I've never done this before?! :wink:

Thank you Karibelle! :)

---------- Post added August 22nd, 2014 at 09:54 PM ----------

So, on the Singapore Airlines website when I get to the page where I fill in all my info it says

All passengers must carry a valid passport and visa for travel. Singapore Airlines is not responsible for validating the document.

I don't need a transit visa if I'm not leaving the airport in Singapore and I can get a visa on arrival in Manado, correct? So this is just a generalized statement.......?
I don't need a passport AND visa, right?

I realize I sound ridiculous. Can you tell I've never done this before?! :wink:

Yes, you've got it right. No transit visa for Singapore and you can get Indo visa on arrival for $35 USD on arrival in Manado. It's just a general statement

Yeah, I figured. I get nervous when I'm going alone....just want every single duck in order. :) Thanks!

Yes, you've got it right. No transit visa for Singapore and you can get Indo visa on arrival for $35 USD on arrival in Manado. It's just a general statement

Make sure your passport has at least six months before it expires. Indonesian immigration probably will ding you if it doesn't. Also, if you bring US dollars, ensure it is as new as possible. They will not take old, creased, dirty, wrinkled money. Set aside two crisp and clean twenties kept flat in your carry-on. They will give you change in Rupiah.

The departure flight leaving Manado with a 6hr layover in Singapore has jumped a thousand dollars....would you say it is safe to have only an hour and a half layover in Singapore on the way back? Is Silk Air reliable or are they frequently late leaving Manado? I have read that some of the domestic airlines aren't very reliable with departure times so I'm not sure if Silk fits into that category. I would like to avoid Jakarta if at all possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom