The Journey to Dive Master Begins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebiatawodi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys, this is pretty long overdue as I have now been a member for over a month but with only 10 posts yay! Greetings from Lanzarote (my current location).

I caught the diving bug in April 2012 diving with Seaventures in Mabul and Sipadan was my first ever dive as OW diver. Never done a DSD before, I jumped straight into OW. Imagine how hooked I became thanks to Sipadan? Completed my AOW in Indonesia with Aquamarine Divers (Bali is wonderful but I find the diving rather "inefficient", one spends almost about the same time in the car getting to and from sites as you spend in the water).

Pleased to say that I have just successfully concluded my rescue diver (TODAY! YAY! I am beyond knackered after the scenarios) and looking forward to my ultimate dream of being a Dive Master soon! I am thinking sometime within the next 12 months!

I live in Lagos, Nigeria so I mostly have to vacation dive. Although there is some diving in Ghana next door - Home - Kedaslodge and Water Sports. Think I just might be the first ever recreational Nigerian Dive Master (or Nigerian Female Dive Master, I think I am also one of the first competitive Nigerian Female Hobie Cat sailors, love the ocean) - if there are any others out there perhaps please give me a shout! I have written to PADI but they have not responded. (Oh and don't worry I do not want your credit card, I am not a princess looking to unlock some riches and neither do I have some company I want to sell to you...lol).

Next steps, I plan to pick up my first Dive Computer soon (more on that later) and if I still have $$$ a nice Aqua Lung reg. Also I plan to try to cover as many of these sites as possible - Into the deep: World's 50 best dive sites | CNN Travel

Looking forward to the beauty the water world has to offer!

Good luck, Ebi! Love your enthusiasm, and so glad to have met you near the beginning of your scuba career! If there are ever any questions we can help with, please do not hesitate to ask. And it goes without saying that we'd LOVE to see you underwater, maybe in Cozumel, or if you make it to Canada on your travels!

kari

Hey Kari! Love to have met you guys too! I am sure we will be seeing each other underwater very very soon. I think Cozumel more so than Canada - I don't think I have the balls for water that cold just yet haha! But I never say never :wink:

Back
Top Bottom