Peeing in a geoprene wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I just read the whole link on URINE ... :confused: Why ??? I like stuff like that....:wink:

The color and volume of urine can be reliable indicators of hydration level. Clear and copious urine is generally a sign of adequate hydration. Dark urine is a sign of dehydration. The exception occurs when diuretics or excessive amounts ofalcohol[citation needed] or caffeine[citation needed] are consumed, in which case urine can be clear and copious and the person still be dehydrated.

[h=3]Color[/h]Urine varies in appearance, depending principally upon a body's level of hydration, as well as other factors. Normal urine is a transparent solution ranging from colorless to amber but is usually a pale yellow. In the urine of a healthy individual the color comes primarily from the presence of urobilin. Urobilin in turn is a final waste product resulting from the breakdown of heme from hemoglobin during the destruction of aging blood cells.
Colorless urine indicates over-hydration, generally preferable to dehydration (though it can remove essential salts from the body). Colorless urine in drug tests can suggest an attempt to avoid detection of illicit drugs in the bloodstream through over-hydration.

• Dark yellow urine is often indicative of dehydration.
  • Yellowing/light orange may be caused by removal of excess B vitamins from the bloodstream.
  • Certain medications such as rifampin and phenazopyridine can cause orange urine.
  • Bloody urine is termed hematuria, a symptom of a wide variety of medical conditions.
  • Dark orange to brown urine can be a symptom of jaundice, rhabdomyolysis, or Gilbert's syndrome.
  • Black or dark-colored urine is referred to as melanuria and may be caused by a melanoma.
  • Pinkish urine can result from the consumption of beets.
  • Greenish urine can result from the consumption of asparagus.
  • Reddish or brown urine may be caused by porphyria (not to be confused with the harmless, temporary pink or reddish tint caused by beeturia).
  • Blue urine can be caused by the ingestion of methylene blue (e.g., in medications).
  • Blue urine stains can be caused by blue diaper syndrome.
  • Purple urine may be due to purple urine bag syndrome.
So.... CLEAR urine is not BAD... Remember... You would need to be over hydrated at the start of a long dive or anything to will dehydrated you... Now I don't know if you would want to be 110% hydrated all the time.... But it makes sense before doing somethings....

Jim...

So, in conclusion, the only sensible solution to geoprene suits being too impermeable is to dive with a personal salt water desalinator so you can drink directly from the sea, keep your hydration level over 100% and end every dive as a gigantic geoprene pee balloon.
:fruit:

Reactions: Doc
You can take off your wet suit ( assuming you are wearing something under it) jump in the water and void your bladder. The suggestion of peeing off the stern or gunnels is not really appropriate. All wets suits absorb water and other liquids. "Flushink by stretching the neck and kicking for a minute, resting and then repeating, is a good idea. So is peeing before departure.
DivemasterDennis

The suggestion of peeing off the stern or gunnels is not really appropriate.
DivemasterDennis

On a recreational dive boat yes..... :wink:
Working dive boat there's no shame.

You can take off your wet suit ( assuming you are wearing something under it) jump in the water and void your bladder. The suggestion of peeing off the stern or gunnels is not really appropriate. All wets suits absorb water and other liquids. "Flushink by stretching the neck and kicking for a minute, resting and then repeating, is a good idea. So is peeing before departure.
DivemasterDennis
I used to know a diver who defended himself saying "Everyone pees in their wet suits, don't they?" My reply: "Yeah, but not standing on the dock."

"Flushink by stretching the neck and kicking for a minute, resting and then repeating, is a good idea. So is peeing before departure.
DivemasterDennis

Unfortunately for people who are well hydrated, the pressure receptors in the human body that control blood pressure are affected by the depth pressures while diving. This can result in the body thinking it has too high of a BP and results by dumping "excess" fluid into the bladder.

---------- Post added August 21st, 2014 at 10:45 AM ----------

I used to know a diver who defended himself saying "Everyone pees in their wet suits, don't they?" My reply: "Yeah, but not standing on the dock."

LOL! that's funny

Yucky. When I was in Grand Cayman last year, one of the DMs said that they were doing a dive at Stingray City and a beautiful bikini-clad woman was snorkeling overhead. I have not dove it, but I understand that dive is only around 15-20 ft. so it would be just about impossible for a snorkeler in unlimited visibility no to realize she had company. She decided she just really had to go. She didn't opt to pee in her bikini. Instead, she pulled it down and let one rip, which proceeded to float around the divers. I imagine it would be difficult to warn everyone of "dooooooooody" with a regulator in.

"Doooooody"--"Here it is....It's no big deal". "oh, OH!!!".

Peeing before the dive: Good, but you still may have to in the water (water does strange things). And you may have a sensitive bladder like me.

I had no problem peeing in Cozumel from the small boat. I'd wait till all divers are fished out, ask DM for permission and go to the end of the boat, take off as much of the suite as needed and calmly do my business. Yes, there are people and women present but everyone knows what I am doing and averts the eyes. No complaints. There were some woman on board that during the interval would go down the ladder into the water, we all knew why.
So, I don't see a problem peeing on board. As long as there is no strong wind or waves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom