ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2015 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're going an extra day early too.

Extra days are a great way to extend the fun. It can also help when looking at airfare,
Sometimes the airfare drops enough to pay for the extra days.
That makes it a WIN WIN. It also allow for more excursion such as this, Xcaret is the Mexican version of a ecopark. They have underground rivers to snorkel, native animals, Mayan exhibits and a FABULOUS show at the end of the day tell the history on Mexico. If you go you CANNOT miss that show. Here is a taste.

ENJOY

301 days to go for those counting

Hey Dennis Or Roxanne, Sorry if this is a newb question, since it looks like you've done the Invasion before with this hotel and dive op, but I thought I would ask in public in case there are a few others, like me, that are new to these guys. I've looked on the Dive Paradise website and I can't tell for certain if these are a "all come up together" op or if they let buddy pairs surface as needed? Not a big issue either way, but the former seems to put a lot of pressure on getting the dive groups sorted properly. Don't mean to start a hubbub, just thought I would ask. Thanks.:)

Hey Dennis Or Roxanne, Sorry if this is a newb question, since it looks like you've done the Invasion before with this hotel and dive op, but I thought I would ask in public in case there are a few others, like me, that are new to these guys. I've looked on the Dive Paradise website and I can't tell for certain if these are a "all come up together" op or if they let buddy pairs surface as needed? Not a big issue either way, but the former seems to put a lot of pressure on getting the dive groups sorted properly. Don't mean to start a hubbub, just thought I would ask. Thanks.:)

That is a tough question to give 1 answer on.... A couple things will determine how that would work.

1.. What dive site is chosen to dive
2.. Is this the first day diving with your groups DM
3.. how far into the dive the group is

I can tell you on past Invasions the DM's have let buddies surface together early while the group continued on. I expect the same policy this year,
the boats are never very far behind the groups bubbles.

Many times having the buddies go up to 20' and drift with the group since 100'+ viz is common is what has happened in the past.
As always it would be the DM in the waters call on what to do, however they will go over their policy during the dive briefing.
Should this become an issue during the Invasion please let me know so I can address it with our host.

This is 1 of the reasons I ask all crew members their diving experience. It allows me to keep divers of equal experience together.

I encourage all crew members to have a surface signaling sausage, mirror and whistle for safety no matter how long you been diving.

I hope this clears up this matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom