Changing the recording interval on a Suunto Vyper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maciekish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,
I just got my Vyper with a PC interface and the manual says the following:

Logbook/dive profile memory:
• Recording interval: 20 seconds adjustable (10, 20, 30, 60 s).

But neither the manual, Google or the chat here on ScubaBoard seems to know how to change this setting. I've checked every menu i could find on the computer and in DM4 with the computer connected.

Can anyone please shed some light on this please?

Manual: http://ns.suunto.com/Manuals/Vyper/Userguides/Suunto_Vyper_UserGuide_EN.pdf

The setting is in the Suunto dive manager PC software. You then sync the change to the dive computer via USB.

My guess is that they figure if you don't have a download cable you're not going to be concerned with the sample interval.

The setting is in the Suunto dive manager PC software. You then sync the change to the dive computer via USB.

My guess is that they figure if you don't have a download cable you're not going to be concerned with the sample interval.

Hi, thanks for answering. PC interface = download cable :) I looked everywhere in DM4 (which i guess is Dive Manager?). Where is that setting hidden?

---------- Post added August 16th, 2014 at 07:38 PM ----------

I found it now that you mentioned "dive manager". I was able to find an old(?) version of Suunto Dive Manager 3 which had the setting. Seems it has been removed in DM4?

No idea, I still use SDM v1 as I don't like the way they organize dives in the newer versions.

I don't have DM4, but in DM3, it's found under the computer settings. For my Cobra, I click on the dive computer on the left side, then the panel to adjust the settings appears on the lower right.

Capture.jpg

That's where i just found it, good screenshot though!

Be aware that increasing the sample recording frequency will decrease the number of dives you can store. I learned this the hard way after a week of diving shortly after setting the sample to every 10 sec and only having the last two dives of the trip available to download.
More than every 60 seconds is just overkill for me, YMMV!

Be aware that increasing the sample recording frequency will decrease the number of dives you can store. I learned this the hard way after a week of diving shortly after setting the sample to every 10 sec and only having the last two dives of the trip available to download.
More than every 60 seconds is just overkill for me, YMMV!

I disagree with this. I think too much can happen in 60 seconds. My Galileo Sol samples every 4 sec and produces a much more accurate dive profile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom