Do you dive with a beard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Nelson

Contributor
Reaction score
I Do.
9any8u7a.jpg

ry4yja7y.jpg

I haven't found that it gets in the way. I shave about 1/16 in below my nose to allow for the mask to seal. I seriously never have a leak on dives up to 100ft. I dive wet or dry no big deal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Me....almost 50 years

I don't think a beard is an accessory, and I don't dive with one. A nice set of pearl earrings goes great with my wetsuit though. That's an accessory.

Yup...it's all stuffed inside the hood anyway.

Yes, I do. I have a beard and shave only a bit under the nose no problem with the beard; though laugh line are a different story. Some days everythings perfect other days leaks like a sieve. Tried a FFM but not because of the but because the VA is going to be working on my pulling replacing and whatever else and the VA is not noted for fast efficiency.

Yup. I try to keep my head balanced. As the hair thins and is cut shorter on top I trim the beard shorter.

Yes, I have no problems with leaks until I start taking photos as I often get in to some weird positions. Then I have to do some more forceful nose-exhalations as both hands are normally occupied.

Yes, but it's nowhere near as impressive as yours. Nice effort!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom