ZS40/TZ60 just announced at CES!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greenjuice

Contributor
Reaction score
I happened to stumble across this review.

Hands on: Panasonic TZ60/ZS40 review | Compact cameras Reviews | TechRadar

Only a pre-manufacture unit, but looks like it'll have a manual focus ring and RAW options, high speed video in HD for slow motion and without losing most other functions from earlier models.

No housing announced yet though; and I suspect the manual ring would not be accessible through it anyway.

The 24-720mm (30x) zoom will be handy for safari shots above water too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that announcement on DP Review as well. Sure, *now* they add RAW :) and the slo-mo HD video is a nice added bonus. Panasonic are really on the forefront wrt. incorporating video in their cameras.

Unfortunately there is no mention of a housing and there is no 'underwater' scene like there was on previous models. Seems to me Panasonic is abandoning us...

Yep, they are not making a case for the TZ60, just got a conformation from both Panasonic US and Panasonic Europe. No case to come in the foreseeable future.

Shame. I'll continue to do my bit and keep making enquiries. If they get enough, perhaps they might reconsider. I was so looking forward to the opportunity for RAW.

Yeah, me too, RAW would have been very nice. My local UW photography shop had plenty of stock, so I was about to buy aTZ60 untill I noticed the absence of the UW scene mode and I asked them about the housing. That's when they started to make inquiries and found out there is no housing for it. They just assumed a housing would be coming, based on all previous models, like I did too.

By now, Ikelite has made a housing but at 475$ it's quite expensive. Ah well, I bought a TZ40 in May and have been very happy with it so far!

A 30x zoom would kind of indicate the lens would really telescope out. Does housings made for it such as Ikelite's have a really spacing for the lens to be zoomable to its max length? If so, would a 67mm wet lens be close enough to the font of the lens when it is zoomed out to near it max field coverage? Otherwise, those wet lens would lose alot of its coverage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom