I want to do my DM training in the US! Anyone know Where is best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After reading your questions, and understanding you want to be in USA, have you considered Mexico! I too had those questions, but chose Cabo San Lucas Mexico due to the cost and proximity of dive locations. There are many dive shops, good accommodations, and reasonable costs involved. Conditions vary, but there are always lots of dive tourists to develop your guiding abilities as a DM. I took my DM at Nautilus because they are Californian's who run it, they have their own training pool, compressor, boat, etc. I feel I benefited greatly from their experience.

If your going pro the best place i can recommend is EASE - Eastern Academy of Scuba Education. The course director has a reputation for getting students to pass there IE exams first time out. The best thing about going through EASE is that there is a crash house where all the education takes place and is included in the cost of the training so it is completely immersive.

I just completed my PADI Instructor Cert and my EFR Instructor 2 weeks ago. We had 11 candidates in the house at one time. It was a great experience and well worth the money spent.

http://www.easedivepro.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm going to agree with Dr. Bill. I happen to live in Southern California and travel and dive a fair amount. I went through my PADI DM and NAUI instructor training in California. The conditions are more challenging than in warm water. Groups and students run into more issues. They deal with more weight, thicker wetsuits, kelp, mediocre visibility, etc...... I regularly see tropically trained diver struggle when they hit the cold water.

There are some great programs out there, but it would ask myself if you are looking for the fastest and easiest path towards the certification or the opportunity to really challenge yourself and grow as a diver as you go pro.

Back
Top Bottom