resorts in southern florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

striper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
heading to Key West / Largo 2nd wk of Nov. this our 1st trip to southern Florida and would like to find a nice resort that would accommodate both scuba divers, beach play, and r+r any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Check out Duck Key. I toke the family there a couple years back. Its located between Key Largo and Islamorada. They also have a dive charter on site called dive duck key. They do mostly shallow reefs, but you can find an outfit in Islamorada or key largo to do some wrecks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Okay thanks Tom this sounds to be a good fit for my group I'll check it.
thanks again

While the Keys do have some beaches, they are not as abundant as you might find in many other areas of Florida, such as the Panhandle. However, there are many topnotch dive operators, many of whom are not attached to a resort. I would not necessarily link the two searches. I would recommend finding the resort that will suit the beach and R&R wishes of the non-divers. If there is an onsite dive shop, great, but I wouldn't worry about it if there isn't because there will surely be one within a 10-minute drive.

Check out Duck Key. I toke the family there a couple years back. Its located between Key Largo and Islamorada. They also have a dive charter on site called dive duck key. They do mostly shallow reefs, but you can find an outfit in Islamorada or key largo to do some wrecks.

Tom, did you mean Hawk's Cay which is next to Marathon on Duck Key? Maybe Duck Key is technically part of Islamorada, but it feels more like Marathon after making the drive!! The scuba shop, Dive Duck Key, is located in Hawk's Cay's marina.

Scuba Diving, Snuba, Resort Courses, Scuba Diving Lessons at Dive Duck Key, Florida Keys
Florida Keys Resorts | Hawks Cay Resort & Villas | Duck Key Florida Resorts

Anyway, I've dove with Dive Duck Key located in Hawk's Cay and it is a decent operator. I've never stayed in Hawk's Cay, but many friends have and they all give it high marks. It is one of the nicer resorts in the Keys that still can have decent room rates (but not cheap by any means). I'm not sure the beach is so great (which is common in the Keys). But Bahia Honda state park is only about 12 miles away and it has some of the nicest beaches in the Keys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom