One computer shows safety stop, one doesn't. Why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you answered your question here.
You did not exceed an ascent rate of 33/40 ft/min AND had deepstops turned ON.
If you turn OFF deepstops the safety stop should reappear.

That's how my computer (non suunto) works too. If you have deep-stops on it won't do a safety stop.

I think you answered your question here.
You did not exceed an ascent rate of 33/40 ft/min AND had deepstops turned ON.
If you turn OFF deepstops the safety stop should reappear.

I agree that with having the deepstops turned on means that the safety stops are turned off. But again, the settings are the same on both computers, yet the Cobra also showed a safety stop while the D9 did not. That is what I am still looking for an answer on.

It could be a difference in internal programming. One always gives a SS, one is conditional on other settings.

aeweems12,

If you could please post your profile of these dives so that I can review them. You can screen shot your profiles from the Dive Manager 4 and post them here. That may be the only way I can determine why your computers were not displaying the same information.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

If one has deepstops on and one has deepstop off then the one with it on will have a 1min deep stop halfway to the surface... the one with deepstop off will have a safety stop.
Quite simple really?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom