Headmount for spear fishing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tanked

Extreme Non-poster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Is this the best mounting option for spear fishing?

Many spearfishers use the head mount. However, MANY cameras have been lost with the standard head mount. We offer the head mount as well as a MAKO exclusive chin strap which will prevent the loss of the camera.

Another popular option for spearos is the speargun mount. We have mounts for any wood gun and most "pipe" guns..

We have too many mounting options to list here as well as filters, lights, trays, accessories etc..

http://www.makospearguns.com/category-s/45.htm

camera-mounting-system-speargun.jpg

Chin Strap Head Band Combo | MAKO Spearguns

MCSHBC-2.jpg

+1 for the Mako head mount... without a chinstrap, it's just a matter of time before you lose your GoPro.

Thanks dude. I'm thinking that the chin strap is the way to go. I use a pole spear so the gun mount won't work.

Thanks dude. I'm thinking that the chin strap is the way to go. I use a pole spear so the gun mount won't work.

I think most all the underwater shots in this video were done with a head cam (and chin strap). I did hold the camera in my hand for shots on land.

Pole spearing video, if you care...

You do have to make an effort to keep your head still, and sometimes the video is not as stable as you would like,, but a pole spear requires 2 hands, so your mounting options are very limited if you want to hunt and film at the same time.

[video=youtube_share;WMBt4OPyRLU]http://youtu.be/WMBt4OPyRLU?list=UU1utDku8vJRJYgBZImLyLJQ[/video]

Hi wanted to give you other options when filming hands free while hunting with a pole spear. The Z Gear head strap leash is a great way to keep you from losing your camera and it will not obstruct your movements. Don't take my word for it, just ask those on this forum who have experience using the leash how they like it. It works really good for securing your dive mask as well!! I should know I lost mine
3 Head Strap Leash.jpgHead Strap Leash.jpg

We also have other hands free mounting options for using your Go Pro or your dive lights like for lobster diving etc.. visit Z GEAR - Innovative Action Sports Products

Another great option for your pole spear is our pole spear leash. It is another original item created by Z Gear. This item is simple and works great. Go to the hunting section on this forum and look up the the reviews on this item. It is an inexpensive security item that will give you peace of mind, especially when doing a shore entry. This item will not obstruct your shooting and those who have used it have confirmed that on their reviews.

5 pole spear leash.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom