What is the best shark dive you guys have ever done?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same, as the guy who said Rangiroa. I apparently quoted wrong. I will try to fix it. Anyway,

here's what I meant to quote

"Rangiroa, lots of sharks on every dive, sometimes over a hundred "

One our friends/guides/DMs whatever, had us bring our camera, get out of the zodiac, and as soon as we were in water, we were in sharks. As far up and down as you could see, all kinds of reef sharks, everywhere, like a sharkclone. Like being in a blender and sharks surround you.
It was truly amazing.

We spent probably 5-6 minutes there and then went to the reef. Where there are also sharks, but I can't quite accurately describe this experience. Our dive guide knew what he was doing when he took us there. Just outside the pass in the blue.

And the Tiger in Fakarava was pretty awesome too. But he was there like 15 seconds maybe.

Everytime we go there, shark everywhere, no manipulating of them to get them.

I enjoyed the Walker's Cay Shark Rodeo, but that doesn't seem to have happened for several years.

Two dives at "Big Scare" at the Bat Islands (Islas Murcielagos) in Costa Rica with Rocket Frog Divers.

Nine bull sharks swimming around us, going in and out of visibility. While I "should" have been scared, being surrounded by these "killers," I found it to be an amazing, calming experience.[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]

...I think the more you dive the higher are your chances of seeing the creature you want to see...

That's the point, exactly. For every one Shark I ever saw, what? Maybe 500 of them sensed me and skeedaddled. Nobody sees critters when sitting at the bar. (well....)

I'm still hoping to be at the right time and place for a lobster walk.

Dive at night, stay shallow, and smear your body with Lemon and Butter.

Rangiroa, lots of sharks on every dive, sometimes over a hundred

Have to agree..I was getting annoyed at sharks getting in the way of other things I wanted to look at like Napoleans. Papua New Guinea had quite a few impressive shark dives.

So far my favorite has been the hammerheads at Cocos but I have the Socorros coming up in November, Fiji next April and we are scheduled for their famous shark dive, and then back to Cocos in December of 2015. I'll report then. :D

Darwin Island, Galapagos - hundreds of hammerheads, toss in some Galapagos sharks, whale sharks, and some lemon sharks. All on the same dive.

Galapagos whaleshark and hammerheads.

[vimeo]91370369[/vimeo]

[vimeo]6439356[/vimeo]

Same, as the guy who said Rangiroa. I apparently quoted wrong. I will try to fix it. Anyway,

here's what I meant to quote

"Rangiroa, lots of sharks on every dive, sometimes over a hundred "

One our friends/guides/DMs whatever, had us bring our camera, get out of the zodiac, and as soon as we were in water, we were in sharks. As far up and down as you could see, all kinds of reef sharks, everywhere, like a sharkclone. Like being in a blender and sharks surround you.
It was truly amazing.

We spent probably 5-6 minutes there and then went to the reef. Where there are also sharks, but I can't quite accurately describe this experience. Our dive guide knew what he was doing when he took us there. Just outside the pass in the blue.

And the Tiger in Fakarava was pretty awesome too. But he was there like 15 seconds maybe.

Everytime we go there, shark everywhere, no manipulating of them to get them.

Plus every night turns into 'shark night' where we were staying. As soon as it got dark the sharks would come under our bungalow, the same waters we were snorkeling around in during the day turned into a blood bath of non-stop hunting of the schools of fish, and then over by the bar which was over the water and the docks it was the same thing, dozens of sharks patrolling the waters using the lights to hunt fish and about every 5 minutes the water would erupt/explode when a shark would catch a fish not paying attention. The first night this happened we were like "Holy crap we were just swimming in those same waters today!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom