Help! Need to beg, borrow, rent or buy a SS1 quickly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k46tank

Registered
Reaction score
I jumped on the plane and left my SS1 alt. air/inflator at the Dive Shop in Little Rock. I'm making arrangements to get it down here but it won't make it until Tuesday at the earliest.

Does anyone have one that they are willing to rent, sell or otherwise part with for a week or so?

Do you really expect that something sent to Cozumel will make it? Please verify that your chosen shipping method is viable.

Do you really expect that something sent to Cozumel will make it? Please verify that your chosen shipping method is viable.
FYI....DHL and FedEx work well. I had a cellphone shipped and then some real estate documents sent from New York and in my hand in 3 or 4 days. It was expensive according to my husband but worth it!
Wish I could help with your air/inflator situation.

I should have specified that it's mode of transportation will be via friends and or soon-to-be friends that will be flying down. Scott, at my dive shop, is trying to get it to some of his customers that are coming down on Tuesday. If that doesn't work out then part of our group is flying in on Friday. Steve, of Liquid Blue, is going to see if he has an inflator that can be adapted until I locate one or mine arrives. If that doesn't work then I may be in rental gear until that time.

Suggest you check with Cozumel Scuba Repair once you're on island. From the US, 1-817-886-5978. Within Cozumel, 987-869-8116.

They're at Calle 1 Sur between Avenidas 85 & 90.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip, I'll check with them in a few.

I should have specified that it's mode of transportation will be via friends and or soon-to-be friends that will be flying down. Scott, at my dive shop, is trying to get it to some of his customers that are coming down on Tuesday. If that doesn't work out then part of our group is flying in on Friday. Steve, of Liquid Blue, is going to see if he has an inflator that can be adapted until I locate one or mine arrives. If that doesn't work then I may be in rental gear until that time.
If anyone can do it Steve can! He is a great guy.

I have the Atomic SS1 and am in Cozumel. You are welcome to borrow it.

Steve did manage to cobble something together that will work until Tuesday.

BTravlin, thank you so much for the offer. If Steve hadn't already changed out the inflator hose and added an octo to my 1st stage I would definitely take you up on your generous offer. I knew the SB community would come through!

Steve did manage to cobble something together that will work until Tuesday.

BTravlin, thank you so much for the offer. If Steve hadn't already changed out the inflator hose and added an octo to my 1st stage I would definitely take you up on your generous offer. I knew the SB community would come through!

Glad it worked out for you! Enjoy your dives!

Back
Top Bottom