Mt. Storm Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steelsaint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It has been a year since I have been diving at Mt. Storm. Has anyone else been there more recently than August of last year? Has anything changed as far a diving only from a boat? I am looking for some warm water diving.

Well, some of the guys from one of the Pennsylvania shops have been doing repairs to the platforms, so those are in better shape than they were. Really, the biggest thing I've noticed was an apparent drop in the catfish population. I remember being just overwhelmed by catfish, back when I first started diving there. But this last time (back in June), we only saw a couple.

As for the boat thing, yeah, you still need a boat to dive. However, some divers have found an interesting loophole. As long as the boat is physically there, DNR doesn't seem to care if you shore dive or not. I've seen several groups park their boats right off the old shore access, and then rest of their group just walks down the steps and into the water. The boat still has to be there, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom