Gold Jewelry In Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Charney

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Being the nice husband that I am, I always buy my wife a new gold charm for her bracelet whenever we go on vacation. Can someone give a name or two of a reputable jewelry store in Coz? Can anyone local to Cozumel weigh in? I prefer 10-14K

Doug

My favorite jewelry store is Los Cinco Soles, which has high quality and a good reputation to keep unsullied. However, since their specialty is Mexican stuff, most of what they have is silver.I wouldn't be surprised if they have gold charms, but I've literally never even considered looking. Mexico's silver is world-famous.

Another shop with a great reputation is Sergio's Silver, but (surprise!) they also specialize in silver.

Many of the other places are geared to cruise passengers whom they never expect to encounter again and have long lists of complaints on the internet that attest to this.

My favorite jewelry store is Los Cinco Soles, which has high quality and a good reputation to keep unsullied. However, since their specialty is Mexican stuff, most of what they have is silver.I wouldn't be surprised if they have gold charms, but I've literally never even considered looking. Mexico's silver is world-famous.

Another shop with a great reputation is Sergio's Silver, but (surprise!) they also specialize in silver.

Many of the other places are geared to cruise passengers whom they never expect to encounter again and have long lists of complaints on the internet that attest to this.

Thank you, that was what I was afraid of. I usually try to research ahead of time to make sure I can find her something special and saw many google entries about fraud. Good to know there are a couple that sell reputable items. Hopefully, I can still find her something.

Sergio does work in gold as well. He is absolutely the real deal. He has offered before to take old gold and produce something new for us. You can find his son on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/checo.hernandez.944

He does the internet communicating. I have had Sergio make stuff out of silver and loved it. Prices are great. I would seriously check him on ANY jewelry related stuff. Send Checo a message and tell him what you are thinking about. If Sergio can't provide it, he will send you to the right place. I can't say enough good about this family.

The ONLY think I buy from anyone else is CHEAP silver to give to people as small gifts. (Like the $5 dollar kind...)

Talk with Antonio at Deja Vu. His shop is in the stretch of stores on the water near Rockin Java. Have bought a few things for my wife there and friends buy from him as well. He does original stuff there in his store. Good quality at competitive prices.

And Sergio is also highly recommended.

I'll second the recommendation for Cinco Soles. Not necessarily the lowest prices, but they have the nicest selection and no concerns about fraud. No hard sell either - they are helpful, but not pushy at all. I tell friends and family I have traveled with to the island - shop wherever for fun and to see what is out there (if you can stand the high pressure sales and bargaining), but buy at Cinco Soles for quality and selection. Of course I am usually looking for silver also, not gold.

Another recommendation for Cinco Soles. I was just there and bought a piece that was half price...silver and some semi-precious stones. Even at that, it was over $300 but very lovely.

I have searched and searched and found that Rance is a great source, no dickering, no pressure and nice marine topics. I have looked at every display at Cinco Soles many times and found that El Sr Rance has the best. He was showing his stuff one day at the naked beach pier deco stop. My wife wears it all of the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom