Oceanic OCi Computer - Transmitter Signal Loss Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SurfnPics

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Back in March I purchased an Oceanic OCi dive computer. From new it had regular signal drop outs from the transmitter, and went back to you for checking. Eventually it was fully replaced just a week ago as it was confirmed to have an intermittent signal drop out issue. Today when setting it up I find that this new one can't get a signal from any further than about 400mm away from the transmitter (line of sight). So with my gear on I can't wear the watch/computer and get signal without my hand on my chest/head. Obviously this can't be right? I know very well how the system works and how to set it up being also a VT4.0 owner with transmitter and never any issues. I have tried re-pairing the transmitter and check the battery condition which are both good.

I really like this model for many reasons and would like to avoid changing it for another model/brand. Being a Mac user, it also works with my dive log software

Has anyone else had a similar issue and found a resolve other than getting a refund?

I would ask the dealer you purchased the computer from to contact Oceanic and request they change out the computer. If you have changed out the transmitter and are still having problems then it narrows it down to the problem being the computer. Perhaps a programming or wireless issue.

Oceanic are very good with addressing any problems which may arise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom