New to the Mobile, AL area looking to dive/spear/free dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thebeedeegee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Moved to Mobile this February and I want to start diving again. I've found a few local forums for Alabama and the Florida panhandle, but they were all not active. Are there any sites that are accessible from the shore? I'm looking into possibly getting a small boat (probably like a 20ft center console) eventually, but right now I'd be diving from shore. I would like to get into spearfishing as well. I've done a little spear fishing up in Rhode Island and loved it.

Are there any good dive shops that do spearfishing trips in the area?

Any help or advice from some locals would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the area and good luck!

PM sent

Yes, there is a shop in Mobile that has charters available for boat dives. Gulf Coast Divers 251-342-2970

I moved here last year but haven't gotten wired into the diving yet. There are shop sites from the shore, some are very tide dependent. I dove a couple of them back in 2007 or 2008. There's also a park on the FL side that may not be as impacted by tides, I have to find out about that. There was going to be a group dive there last fall but it got cancelled due to the park closing from sequestration.

we have a daughter finishing college, so charter money hasn't really been in the budget yet. I need to get wired into some beach dive sites myself. I'm also a spearo.

Hey Gary, you still running a full shop? Someone said you were just running charters now, but it's been a few years since I stopped by. Be good to still have a shop there.

Hey Gary, you still running a full shop? Someone said you were just running charters now, but it's been a few years since I stopped by. Be good to still have a shop there.

Just Charters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom