Domain TryOutDive.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Watch this Link

Tryoutdive.com = 13.000 Euro (17,714$) i sell it for 5.000

---------- Post added June 27th, 2014 at 06:32 AM ----------

:lol:Sorry.... :giggle:your machine.... :Dis broken :chuckle:[h=1]lanzarote-web.de is worth $1,440.00[/h]i know the Owner, he got more than 12.000$ a month with this site, and he have offers for more than 100.000$ if he would sell.

The name tryoutdive.com makes little sense to a native English speaking person.

It's not a name we would logically come up with if looking for a link to a website if interested to start diving.

You should register and try to sell tryoutdiving.com which also appears to be available instead. It might get some hits if someone wanted to try out diving....

Or trydiving.co or .info or .org - the .com and .net domains are taken. As a generic portal name, the .info might have some appeal. At least for me (ex web designer) I always think of .com as a business related domain instead.

From a purely analytic and branding standpoint, 5,000 euros for this domain is highway robbery. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone in the dive industry will have extra money laying around and just fall in love with it for some strange reason.

---------- Post added June 26th, 2014 at 08:49 PM ----------

The name tryoutdive.com makes little sense to a native English speaking person.

It's not a name we would logically come up with if looking for a link to a website if interested to start diving.

You should register and try to sell tryoutdiving.com which also appears to be available instead. It might get some hits if someone wanted to try out diving....

Or trydiving.co or .info or .org - the .com and .net domains are taken. As a generic portal name, the .info might have some appeal. At least for me (ex web designer) I always think of .com as a business related domain instead.

Looks like someone liked your tryoutdiving.com idea (it makes far more sense to native English speakers as you pointed out), it's gone now. .com's still seem to perform better for ranking and they're the first expected TLD (at least in the US), so I typically go for that or nothing, plus you could potentially run into some intellectual property issues if the .com is taken. Tons of rules to get you in trouble there, but I still tend to just avoid it personally.

The thing is, you don't have a brand name like YouTube, Facebook, or Flickr. You have a combination of keywords - in English - that a very small segment of the population might care about, a smaller subset of that population that would know what to do with it, and an even smaller subset who may want it just because they think it's neat (because it has zero else going for it) AND have 5,000 Euros to waste. :wink:

And what's Facebook's current valuation? Oh yeah - 85 Billion Dollars...:D

You don't have the brand recognition with what you're trying to sell.

Your only hope is to sell it to some local/regional dive operation that has someone capable of doing their SEO so that in spite of the name they show up near the top of the Google page rankings consistently - because that's basically what we're talking about here - I've seen it happen a couple of times before.

We have a dive shop here that you can't logically connect the name of the shop with the name on the store out front - it's an odd contraction of the same words. Yet I see them ranked higher than I would've thought in regional (not local) searches - even though they're new and other shops have been online for multiple years - one even embraced Internet retailing from almost the start.

---------- Post added June 26th, 2014 at 10:22 PM ----------

Be sure to let us know when you sell it...

Youtube, Facebook and Flickr makes more sense? :wink:

If you have billions of dollars to promote it, you could make snotface.com valuable. (I didn't check and don't want to know).

They're just made-up words with a huge amount of marketing. Like ebay.com.

Yeah, thats true.

:wink: thank you.... very cool! :D

How much for snotface.com? Or are you keeping that one yourself? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom