Jupiter bottom temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSPDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hitting Jupiter with Capts8tr on Monday. what are the bottom temps right now. Can I get away with a shorts and a rash guard at depth. thanks. heard a lot about the boat hopefully it will all be awesome :cool2:.

thanks

Bottom temp was 80 when I was out with them Sunday. I was wearing a formerly 3-mil full suit (I've owned it since 2002, so by now it's a rash guard) without an issue. My suit's so raggedy a remora mistook some of the outer fabric for dead skin and nibbled a chunk off.

You'll have a blast on the Kyalami; it's definitely near the top of my shortlist of best dive boats I've ever been on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyalami is the best. you'll love it. Bottom temps are around 80. I still dive in a full 3mm.

I dove there on June 13 and the water temp was also 80 on my computer. I just dive with a rash guard. I think suntan lotion is more important than a 3mm.

I dove Juno Ledges yesterday (Sun 6/23). It was 70d, Upwelling is here again!

Joe

How common are these chilly upwellings? I'm hoping to dive Jupiter maybe 1st half of September, and I'm using to diving with no wet suit (long sleeve shirt & trunks) in water 76 degrees & up. I've got a Henderson 5 mm Thermoprene wet suit; I'm guessing I ought to haul it along...

Richard.

It was around 55 degrees below 115 in Jupiter on Sunday. that was my estimate of the temp anyway. Cold enough to make bare feet ache!

It was around 55 degrees below 115 in Jupiter on Sunday. that was my estimate of the temp anyway. Cold enough to make bare feet ache!

I won't be going that deep while I am there, but I sure hope the temp gets back to 80 at 70 ft. What were you diving that took you below 115? Were you diving hole in the wall?

I won't be going that deep while I am there, but I sure hope the temp gets back to 80 at 70 ft. What were you diving that took you below 115? Were you diving hole in the wall?

Yeah near there. A few clips of raw video from 2 dives on sunday. First with buddies, second ended up solo checking the cave with a light..

lucky gag video Raw footage - YouTube

[video=youtube_share;JKyErxib740]http://youtu.be/JKyErxib740[/video]

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom