Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CSSP Sun May 18th ~10am
~72 Surface
~70 At platforms
~67 at 20'
COLD at 30'
Viz 15-20

I dove in a 3/2, no gloves, no hood and was a little cool but made two 40 minute dives.

Last edited:
Canyon Lake, Boat Ramp #1
May 22

At 40 ffw:
Water temp - 66°
Viz: 2-3 ft.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Stillhouse Hollow: 06 / 07 / 2014 (3 mil full with lavacore hood)

Dive#1: Northeast corner of peninsula to southern tip of peninsula. Max depth: 40 ft. Visibility: 8 to 12 ft. Temp at max depth: 74 degrees. Time: 67 min. At max depth, there was still plenty of ambient light which made for a very pleasant, relaxing dive.

Dive#2: At marina. Max depth: 24 ft. Visibility: 2 to 4 ft. Temp at max depth: 76degress. Time: 42 min.

During surface interval, met an intern working with Tex Parks and Wildlife, monitoring the zebra mussel migration into Stillhouse and other local lakes. They were set up at the launch checking boats coming out of the lake. Decided to make the 2nd dive at the marina to check out underwater structure for signs of the mussels. Low vis made it difficult but did not see any (what I could see anyway).

Gulf of Mexico - E. and W. Bank Flower Gardens - Saturday 6/7/2014

Conditions were good with visibility 80+ feet. Seas were cooperative and generally in the 2-3 foot range with mild to moderate current at the surface and mild current at depth. Surface temps in the high 70Fs and thermocline around 40-50' with temps at 75F below.

Gulf of Mexico - Stetson Bank - Sunday 6/8/2014

Conditions good for Stetson with viz around 60 feet. Seas and current picked up somewhat. At depth current was still mild below 30' but could be pretty strong above. Seemed colder at depth but most likely just repetitive dives getting to me. Computer shows 75F at bottom again with thermocline around 40-50'. Good creature sightings with a couple sharks, a number of giant lobsters, eagle rays, large spotted morays, a mobula and at least a half dozen free swimming southern stingrays.

Great diving with a group of CHUM folks and the good people from the M/V Fling. Once a year is not enough!

Blue Lagoon 6/21/2014
Temp: 84 at surface... 82 at depth.
Viz: 30'+ (super great viz until about noon then it dipped to 20')
Great day.

288 Lake, Houston, TX - Saturday 6/28/2014

Air temps 84F with surface conditions ranging from sun to rain showers. Recent rain in Houston has done nothing to help the conditions in the water. Viz was around 5' at the best and was down to around 1' in many areas. Hydrilla is encroaching a lot of the lake and I have been seeing more fish than usual. I show 81F water temp at 26' below the thermocline and about 84F above the thermocline (which was around 19'-20').

Canyon Lake, Texas
North Park
6/29/2014

Visibility: 8-10ft
Temp: 71° @ 50ft.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mammoth Lake
Sat 07/05
Visibility 5-8.
Surface temp. was warm I did not look at exact temp but I was in a swim suit and comfortable. On the bottom there were some colder spots typical summer Mammoth Lake dive.

Mammoth Lake - Lake Jackson, TX - 7/19/2014

Choose to do one longer dive and explore the far side of the lake. Hoped the viz would be a little better and it may have been slightly, but overall conditions negatively impacted by a week of rain. Water was nice, about 86F down 'til thermocline around 27'-28'. Viz was 5-8 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom