Chamber and EAP info MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eagerbeaver

Contributor
Reaction score
About a month ago I posted a request for helpful info in compiling an EAP for the wider Philippines.

I got exactly zero responses on here so I guess no one is interested?

Well in case anyone is, with the help of a few friends - namely Jake at Punta Bilar in Surigao, Jim at Liquid in Dumaguete, Andrew at Calypso in Boracay, and Rick at Frontier in PG, also some helpful folks from the Coast Guard and Airforce and John Melendres from the PCSSD - I have put together all this info covering as much as was relevant at the time and with as many contact numbers as I could come across.

I also included an EAP type thing helped by Jake.

I'm certain that as this is the Philippines many of these numbers will be out of date in a few weeks or months. But if it is of any use to anyone then please feel free to share and use it. There will most certainly be updates for the PCSSD chambers which are being improved as we speak. If anyone wants the original document for easy editing then just ask, but I'm only giving it out on the basis that you share it back. There seems to be a weird sense of not wanting to share contacts and info for emergencies... surely it's in everyone's interests to share as much as possible?

Anyway, here you go and I hope you never have to need any of it.

Matt.
View attachment EAP.pdf

Sorry, I missed your first post. The contact for the chamber in Coron has changed. Maribel no longer lives here. I would use the number 0920-945-8714 to contact the resort that owns and operates the chamber. We keep the contact number for the float plane in subic if there is ever a problem here.

Hi Matt,

Thanks very much for compiling all this info! I'm involved with the start up of Marine Conservation Philippines and this compilation is brillant - and saves us a lot of time. We'll check up on phonenumbers, and post any developments. Thanks very much for putting all this together! When I make my way up to Malapascua next, (to do some tech diving with Evolution) I'll get you a round in the Craig. :)
Soren

Hi Matt,

Thanks very much for compiling all this info! I'm involved with the start up of Marine Conservation Philippines and this compilation is brillant - and saves us a lot of time. We'll check up on phonenumbers, and post any developments. Thanks very much for putting all this together! When I make my way up to Malapascua next, (to do some tech diving with Evolution) I'll get you a round in the Craig. :)
Soren

Thanks Soren. Good luck with the conservation efforts.

Be careful not to mistake The Craic House(the best bar on Malapascua!) for Craig(A common name) - this will cause you to have to ring the bell and buy EVERYONE a drink.

Regards,

Matt.

Right! =) Well, I'll ring it for good measure anyway.

Completely off topic - but do you have any SCRs at Evolution you teach?

Hi Soren,No SCRs I'm afraid. I can teach Draeger Dolphin/Atlantis and Ray. But these have really been superseded but the mass of quality CCRs out there. The SCRs never really gave that many benefits in return for the extra effort - in my opinion. If you going to get involved then I say just bite the bullet and go straight to CCR. We have several Pelagians available for training and rental here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom