I just finished watching Sea Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my initial escape training with the RN at SETT in Gosport in the 70's and later with the USN at Groton. At the time, the major differences were that the RN did 'free ascent' training at 9 and 18 Meters as well as pressurized escape at 18 Meters. The USN only used the Steinke Hood in training (up to 100 FSW).

"At this point my lungs were acking for air" - Mike Nelson

Season 1 - Episode 11 - Killer Whale
worse episode ever...

And one which Lloyd Bridges despised and regretted. Afterwards, there was a greater emphasis on understanding and, for its day, conservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most all of the episodes are available on youtube. I watch them while falling asleep sometimes. Many of the shows that involve criminals follow the same cheesey plots as other shows of the sixties. Some of the shows feature the sexism that was prevalent at the time. Most are hilarious from a divers point of view. Mike will teach you all you need to know about narcosis, cave diving, out of air emergencies, handling radioactive waste, and charming the ladies. Classic TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK_-Jg3mPCc&list=PL973421E0CA1B4A93

Back
Top Bottom