How to find a good deal on a S. Pacific live aboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@dam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all. A few years back I did the Scuba Pro 3-day 11-dive live aboard out of Cairns and found it a fantastic value ($700 for 2 nights, all food, equipment). That comes out to $60 per dive but includes absolutely everything.

My girlfriend and I are considering a trip to the S. Pacific somewhere...perhaps Fiji...and were wondering if there were any good deals like this out there. Alternatively, recommendations for a dive-resort are also appreciated, as well as a simple but beautifully located non-dive resort.

Hi there I would recommend Ona Experience in the Phillipines. We have just come back from this 8 day liveaboard and us too have been on the Scuba pro Cairns trip. This trip is about $80 day including 3-4 dives plus food and soft drinks. Minus a/c, hot water and nitrox. Highly recommend we will be going b back next year. Great crew and divemasters show you all the macro you desire.

That looks interesting. It's $169 per day per person though plus equipment, but that's still not bad. That's a LOT of diving though...did you get to see anything on land? I was figuring 3-4 days of 4-dive days and then do land stuff, but if the boat does both so much the better.

How's the diving there? Good vis? Good life density? Did you see much mega-fauna? Any other advice about the Philippines?

That looks in tnteresting. It's $169 per day per person though plus equipment, but that's still not bad. That's a LOT of diving though...did you get to see anything on land? I was figuring 3-4 days of 4-dive days and then do land stuff, but if the boat does both so much the better.

How's the diving there? Good vis? Good life density? Did you see much mega-fauna? Any other advice about the Philippines?
Sorry maths was never my strong point!
I will post a review very soon In the meantime I can answer specifics pm me.

looking at booking this liveaboard for december, would love to hear your thoughts. also both my wife and I are only open water, how are the conditions

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom