Roatan divemaster internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hahaha! Asshats made it past the filter :p

SSSSSHHHH !!! Don't tell the mods !!! :p
Ass is not a word that's censored...

Utila Dive Center is awesome! They offer free diving for life if you do your DM or MSDT with them and they honor that. Utila is easier to get around, a more closely knit dive community IMO, and somewhat less expensive than Roatan. Dove with reef gliders in Roatan as a paying fun diver. They were great. Did some shore diving with Kelly. That was amazing as well. The diving is fantastic in both places!

Last edited:
Check out Reef Gliders in West End. AMAZING people. The divemaster course they offer sounds world class, Rian spent quite some time explaining it all to me.

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on these forums. I am looking into doing a divemaster internship over this summer, however I'm only 18 years old. I know by the course standards there are no issues, but I was kind of worried about the social aspect of it being with all older people. Has anyone done the internship, what's it like? I've heard all the people are pretty nice, but what's your take on my situation?

Bob, first of all sorry for people hijacking your thread going on about free dives after a DMT. They should have started their own thread.

I don't know Roatan, but I just did my DM internship in Indonesia. I'm 44 and my instructor was a little girls in her 20s. The age really doesn't matter much, remember you all got one passion and that's diving. I guided people of all ages, and it really doesn't matter. Go for it and enjoy!

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on these forums. I am looking into doing a divemaster internship over this summer, however I'm only 18 years old. I know by the course standards there are no issues, but I was kind of worried about the social aspect of it being with all older people. Has anyone done the internship, what's it like? I've heard all the people are pretty nice, but what's your take on my situation?

Hi bobsagget :)

I realise your thread concerns internships in Roatan, but your post caught my eye because I can relate and I'd like to share my experience with you; it might help!

Deciding to complete an internship for your professional dive training is a really good idea because you will experience the dive lifestyle in its entirety!
I was an intern at Downbelow Marine and Wildlife Adventures located in Sabah, Borneo, where professional dive training is conducted within their fully inclusive internship programs at their premier PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre on Gaya Island, within the protected Tunku Abdul Rahman Park.

Learn to Dive - PADI 5 Star Dive & Adventure Centre on Gaya Island | Diving Sabah? Dive Downbelow!

Now, two years after completing my professional internship, I am a full-time PADI IDC Staff Instructor and member of our Go PRO team of PADI Instructor Trainers and we oversee all professional dive training.

Get To Know Our GoPro Staff Team | IDC Asia

To answer your question about age affecting social aspects amongst internship candidates: during dive training we treat any situation with the professionalism we expect from our internship candidates.
The definition of professionalism encompasses behavior that is respectful and responsible regardless of age, and professionalism is outlined clearly in the PADI Standards ‘Code of Conduct’ that we adhere to.

The Go PRO team assists our resident Platinum PADI Course Director Richard Swann through four Instructor Development Courses (IDCs) each year and each IDC has its own ‘vibe’ because of the different personalities. What I have noticed is, internship candidates will enjoy each others’ company because they’re in a similar situation.

To give you more insight into the daily activities of our interns dive training at our Gaya Island beach house, follow us on any of these social media communities for regular updates!

Ask me any question, any time, bobsagget! I’ve been where you are, so I’m more than happy to help!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom